Major Update “Dance of Dragons” — DEV Server Changelog (30.08.2024)

The community manager noted that GPS bombs are not as significant in terms of gameplay as other guided munitions. Based on this I can assume that gaijin realizes that this is within the scope of pvp fights, so hopefully this was a bug and the prod will be given a well deserved 10 JDAMs

I sincerely hope that the number of jdam will not be a balancing act.

The JDAM on the AV-8B can be reprogrammed in flight? Did you assume this or did you read it?

If you assumed it then I won’t bother, if you read it then could you highlight where you read it?

Not sure about midfligt reprograming
But Laser Guided jdams exist
They will fly to the programed Target but will also follow Lasers in the last part of the flight for late adjustments

1 Like

Now stona just needs to tell that to the bug report operators

Well if they insist on only giving one bomb per Pylon they should give gbu 32 to get atlest 1000pounds of bomb Worth on Target or it’s really dead on arrival
There are way better options the g meverick (Imagine having the same number target Tracking one Shot killers and non tracking jdams) and the option of 10 laser guided bombs which probably also can be dump fired

Prior to stores release yes, remember that the AV-8B+ uses the same HUD (and other relevant components) as the F/A-18 (and thus also has some commonality with the F-14B(U) & F-14D), and has an GPS receiver. They can also have the targeting pod, or A2G radar generate sufficient quality co-coordinates to use for strike purposes.

a reference directly for JDAM can be found here

Target location information programmed into each weapon can be altered manually by the aircrew via the cockpit keyboard. No provision exists in the current installation to allow F-14D sensor data, such as APG-71 radar or LANTIRN, to be passed to the GGWs.

~~

The Tomcat Tactical Targeting (T^3) software load was added to enable the LTS to
calculate precision targeting coordinates for third party and self-targeting of GPS guided
weapons

5 Likes

mk108s as that is the fw190a8/r2 upgrades

it does as it adds depending on variant or modifaction depending on how they want to do it, it adds 2 37mm cannons, 1 50mm cannon or 1 75mm cannon. if they feel really sporty they could add the 88mm prototype as a premium

I would still prefer JDAM)))

then better go straight for the R8 variant,… since it recieve better armor aswell, changing weight and then Flight Model a bit, as Damage Model.

more significant than a simple R2,…

considering how bulky is the Ju-88 Flight model, i would prefer to see a night fighter variant Ju-88 G6, as it will feature a radar and 4x20mm, while having new streamlined airframe.

or much more simple - add the Ju-188R - or - add the Ju-388 which is a night fighter derivated from Ju-88 design-

also the heavy gun variants of Ju-88 would compete at same place than Hs-129B-2 and -3, which makes no sense right now.

a bit late

https://wiki.warthunder.com/Ju_388_J

not sure think they would be better than the duck due too more powerful engines, yes a heavier airframe but overall better in performance

I didnt even realize there were three squadron vehicles added to the dev lmao

DEV Server is now closed

1 Like

did the ej kai end up getting its gps bombs at all? kinda in need of a cas jet at the moment.

You up to re-make the report with what we have here then? I would wager re-making the report myself would just get it auto omitted.

Given that dev is now down I’d wager that the update will drop sometime next week, so this is something that we have limited time on.

Edit, turns out someone else made it a bit ago : harrier wrong jdam amount // Gaijin.net // Issues

Will the F111F get 240 countermeasure?

Doesn’t seem like it can actually use JDAMs. Couple of years back Gaijin started to add them, but it was shown by the community that the evidence was just a museum piece mock-up.

It had it’s visual model changed to have the same countermeasure pods(?)/launchers as the F-111C, they just haven’t changed the numbers (yet).

It very much can carry the GCS-2 though

image_2024-09-05_154450385

Basically a domestic Japanese GPS/Laser guided 2000lb glide bomb, could be added alongside GCS-1 IR guidance kits for Mk-82 500lb and JM117 750lb bombs

4 Likes