Major Update 'Alpha Strike" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 4)

Is AIM-9S just a better AIM-9M or is it a major improvement over 9M?

Do we get separate slider for external fuel tanks?

1 Like

I mean you can just take 30 minutes or whatever in internal fuel tanks now.

It’s a downgraded AIM-9M, without IRCCM.

4 Likes

so AIM9S≈AIM9L but no smoke?

2 Likes

Smoking’s bad, m’kay

i dont smoke hope AIM9S dont too :P

1 Like

I doubt thats the case anymore. Apart from Communication wheel and Orders still optimized for Air, it now seems that every vehicle type is getting the some amount of love now.

But I agree that planes seem to be the best starting point for new nation with Air being the only non combined battle mode. In Ground and Naval they would suffer from lack of Air to some extend.

yes but the advantage of the fuel tank is that you can take min Internal fuel + tanks

now this should equal about the usual amount you’d take internally just spread onto the tanks, in a usual battle you can then do your bombing or BVR combat and RtB once finished

but if for some reason you need to get up close and dogfight you can throw the tanks away and turn with only your Min fuel which can give you an advantage, especially on already badly turning airframes like the tornado
gotta RtB right after tho

2 Likes

tanks don’t even have diffrent sights

this is still a plane game

1 Like

Its a downgraded AIM-9M derivative for the export market.

so US domestic counter to AiM-9Li

Thats only because they developed planes for longer, hardly a reason to start new nation with air.

But it gives me hope, they will give tanks and BOATs unique sights someday:)

1 Like

No, that would be the AIM-9P-5 or -9M-6 or -7 (USN’s HERO compliant components are used in odd numbered subvariants). The reason for the excessive number of configurations is due to the number of potential client nations and needing to mix and match components to create the desired capability, or upgrade their existing stockpile to some specific standard.

Of course this also takes into account what technology the US was willing to allow to be transferred into inventory or licensed for production, depending of the variant.

1 Like

Despite what you may think Stona this is actually a positive ^^

Oh hey, F-106 got passed to developers. Hope we’ll finally see it in app someday.

6 Likes

Modified Leopard 2 and Bf109. What is the deal?
These days vehicles are even designed in a way that allows to switch out modules easily and in adjustment to the customers needs.

so it means we may get chat translate soon?

I doubt it, it was only just passed to developers

I uhhh hope they remove the chat timer. Maybe?

2 Likes