Major Update 'Alpha Strike" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 4)

In 1996 China and Russia agreed to let China build Su-27s in China as the J-11, under this agreement some airframes would continue to be delivered and Shenyang Aircraft Corporation (SAC) would assemble other kits delivered from Russia and fitted with Russian avionics, radar (N001E and 001V, although some 3rd batch UBKs were rumored to be using the improved N001VE) and engines (AL-31F), production began in 1997. In total 105 kits were delivered, and 95 aircraft were delivered. These aircraft were Su-27SK (J-11) and the twin-seat variant the Su-27UBK, capable of carrying unguided rockets and bombs as well as the R-27R1/T1 and R-73. The acquisition of these aircraft gave the PLAAF the ability to fight in true BVR for the first time.

Later J-11s were upgraded with two color MFDs replacing the old monochrome radar scope, a new FCS allowing the usage of R-27ER1 and 77 missiles and an improved version of the N001E, the N001VE as China was not satisfied with the N001s inability to perform guided Air-2-Ground missions (one of the reason the Purchased the Su-30MKK) which increased lock range by 5km, MTI (Moving Terrain Indication), better look down ability specifically against helicopters and a new Baguet series BCVM-486-6 processor giving the aircraft the ability to track and fire on two targets at once with R-27/77 missiles, the aircraft that received were designated J-11A and first flew in 1999. In all 105 J-11s were produced with all 11s being upgraded to 11A standard before production stopped in favor of the 11B, which China began producing without license. After this rupture of trust Russia cut off support to China with their J-11As but began delivering the Su-30MKKs China had ordered in the year 2000, these aircraft arrived with R-27ER/77/73 capability and the further updated N001VEP which is why bought N001VEs for its J-11A fleet before these MKKs arrived to increase fleet commonality. Six years after J-11A production ended and five years after MKK deliveries began China introduced the PL-12 into service, a missile comparable to the AIM-120C-5 and much better than the R-77Es Russia had exported to the PLAAF forJ-11/MKKs and subsequently the PLAAF began working on fitting them onto the J-11A/MKK.

3 Likes

bro, J-11B can only use PL-8B and PL-12, not Russian AAM

2 Likes

indeed

11 Likes

Hey. Its not currently planned, but a report has been submitted and is under review. It may not be in this major update however: Community Bug Reporting System

20 Likes

Welcome back, hope you enjoyed your time off

4 Likes

Did you visit any museums this time?

Maybe Royal Air Force Museum with E*P?

1 Like

Is the SAP-HE (-65F or -65G) Warhead going to be refitted to any US aircraft (A-10A Late, A-7E, etc.)

2 Likes

@Smin1080p For Chinese air when Fox 3s get added to the game are there plans for china to get another aircraft to compete against western and eastern aircraft?

3 Likes

To be honest, I suspect it’ll “just” be J-8F with PL-12 to make them lower br.

2 Likes

I want my J-10A :(

4 Likes

I think i have found my most wanted heil to be added

12 Likes

wtf is that… THAT LOOKS SICK!!!

3 Likes

South African super hind iirc

Thats the Prototype being shown off in 2006.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Hey.

We will detail our plans more for FOX-3 when that time comes. For this update, they are just in the early testing stages, with everything subject to change and no definite plans we can reveal at this time.

18 Likes

Thank you. I did indeed.

15 Likes