Major Update “Air Superiority” - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 3)

F-15 tinfoil wings

welcome me boy

Anyone seen a summary for the russian dev stream?

1 Like

no I saw them all chanting about it here instead

2 Likes

back to the K/Ds, if we want to find out how good the aircraft really is there’s one place that we can send it now that has equal sides

heard someone say its been acknowledged but ive also heard people say it might just be somehwat realistic. gonna stay out of it since i dont care enough to look into it but, theres your maybe update

Well the gult war was literally a very one sided war
Find it funny some of the ships that the US used were from WW2

1 Like

Ne aggódj, lesz magyar Gripen is. Vagy Január vagy Február, valószínűleg a magyar légierő sub tree-vel.

People forget too that in a Soviet scenario, AD would be so thick and integrated, that no force would be able to penetrate it to the extent Iraq’s airspace was penetrated, and datalink from the PVO radar network would give Russian MiG-29 pilots a better chance at planning engagements with the invading planes.

The MiG-29 is a tactical aircraft too, it’s really supposed to respond to threats on the frontline. MiG-23 and later Su-27 would’ve been doing the interceptions.

I’m sure the overwhelming force of the coalition would’ve won the day in Iraq, but if it was non-export Su-27’s and datalinked AD radar, they would’ve killed more than a few F-15’s, it only took a few lucky R-27’s to connect with an F-18 or two… and that was suboptimal conditions to say the least.

the gulf war was literllay seal clubbing

1 Like

yea I don’t think they exported that radar datalink

1 Like

No they didn’t. Strictly PVO only.

there havent actually been any combat deaths for the Su-27 up until pretty recently, not for the russians at least. so thats pretty neat

1 Like

Well instead of buying a golden toilet should of got some better air to air missiles

well then those MiGs were at a heavier advantage

mate better AAMs isn’t exactly a thing you can buy at a grocery store and I don’t think anyone would’ve sold them better ones

1 Like

Dis-advantage. Export MiG-29’s never stood a chance.

no for most soviet composites and only the leo 2a4

makes me wonder why the 2a4 was randomly in there. though i feel ive answered my own question before i even asked it

I mean they bought the jets why not some good missiles
Weren’t they the 4th biggest airforce and navy