Magic 2 missile should be fixed

Currently the Magic 2 is missing some capabilities that are being slow walked in being given to it despite superior missiles being in the game. Take a look at Smin’s response when questioned as to what reports currently are open on the Magic 2:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/844671240605138954/1184900409421222008/Screenshot_20231214_105024_Samsung_Internet.jpg?ex=658da77f&is=657b327f&hm=1d3ca2e9800d0511f7faeec86f825dc9983c42bbe6cad7b5de9e52e5229c5d77&

The Magic 2 being slow walked in improvements was understandable somewhat up until the addition of Su-27 with it’s 6x R-73, HMD, and far superior radar missiles in the form of R-27ER.

The Mirage 4000 and Mirage 2000s desperately need a leg up in the IR missile department to compete.

R-73s currently have thrust vectoring, longer range, 0.2 seconds guidance delay, does not suffer from the 1.8 seconds fuze delay, and is put on a platform with much better BVR missiles. Mig-29s and Su-27s with R-73s also have a selection of other IR missiles such as R-27ET which provides some versatility.

In Jaek’s video, he noted and showed that the Magic 1 and 2 were inferior in turning capabilities compared to the AIM-9G through testing that was demonstrated.

Timestamp of 1:20

There is no reason to hold the Magic 2 back from being properly and fully implemented.

48 Likes

see no issue comrade, move along

2 Likes

Hopefully we can see the Magic 2 finally complete almost 2 years after it has been added

9 Likes

+1

4 Likes

+1

4 Likes

Magic 2 is in every way inferior to the AIM 9M and the R73 in game, even though it shouldn’t be. If it’s held back for the sake of balance, it should at least be clarified.

7 Likes

Here’s something preposterous, the Magic 1 and 2 are inferior in turning capabilities compared to something like the AIM-9G as Jaek noted in his video. Timestamp of 1:20.

2 Likes

Since todays update Magic 2 are garbage. I hit 1/3 missile fired from behind. Not mentioning from front…

4 Likes

My concern is that they might hold it back because they don’t want to remove it from the premium F1C-200. Has a similar case ever happened before ?

5 Likes

Completely agree. I would also add the 530D to their list of weapons that need to be reworked.

2 Likes

with the aam3 in game it s a shame the devs havn t deemed logical to buff the magic 2

4 Likes

Actually that’s a great point, both would be very similar, with better IRCCM and maybe manoeuvrability for the Magic 2 and better range for the AAM-3

3 Likes

It would be nice if the Devs could stop using the USA & the USSR as the ceiling for France.
The Magic 2s should get their actual capabilities.

12 Likes

I think this should be tested further since the Magic accelerates faster so has to pull more G for the same radius as the Sidewinder in this scenario

1 Like

I think that’s what is implied in the video. Magic pulls more Gs but has the same turn radius than the 9G

1 Like

Yeah, I made the comment because I wasn’t sure what DS was implying here. Anyway this case shows that a 50g Magic 2 wouldn’t be an undodgeable r73 clone or smth

2 Likes

Yeah I was implying that Magic missile’s 35G might seem like a lot to Gaijin, but the turn radius is what matters. The only redeeming quality of the Magic 2 currently is its IRCCM and in limited cases, its acceleration helps.

2 Likes

+1

1 Like

If every current Magic 2 bug report was implemented :

IRCCM : Magic 2 > Aim 9M = AAM-3 > R73 (debatable, some might prefer the ifov method to the seeker-shutting method, Magic 2 would receive both)

Manoeuvrability : R 73 > Magic 2 >= AAM-3 > Aim 9M (keep in mind more Gs aren’t automatically equal to a comparatively tighter turn radius)

Range : AAM-3 > Aim 9M > R 73 > Magic 2

Bonuses : 9M and AAM-3 are smokeless, R 73 has TVC

I don’t know about you guys, but to me it looks fairly balanced

8 Likes

Totally agree. While it was normal for it to be artificially nerfed for a while due to balance, there’s no more reasons now.

5 Likes