M270-MULTIPLE LAUNCH ROCKET SYSTEM (MLRS)

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

M270-MULTIPLE LAUNCH ROCKET SYSTEM (MLRS)

MULTIPLE LAUNCH ROCKET SYSTEM

ARMAMENT
2x6 Rockets

TECHNICAL DATA
Eigne: Cummins VTA-90
Top speed: 64km/h
Lenght: 7.03m
Widht: 3.03m
Total weight: ca.26 000kg armed
Crew: 3

HISTORY
GENERAL INFORMATION
The development of the MLRS started in 1972 and in 1980 a contract was signed between the US army and Vought Corp (now Lockheed Martin) for the production of the weapon system. The chassis is based on the American Bradley armored personnel carrier. The system is autonomous and operated by a crew of 3. The idea was to support the traditional tube artillery and deliver larger amounts of firepower in a short time. Ammunition is delivered in a “pod” with 6 rockets, and the wagon has room for 2 pods. The system can fire 12 rockets in under 1 minute and charging takes approx. 9 minutes. A collaboration between the USA, Germany, Great Britain, France and Italy resulted in a European production of MLRS for these nations. In total, approx 1000 launchers for the system have been sold for 14 nations

AMMUNITION
The M26 is the most common ammunition and it contains 644 M-77 bomblets in each rocket. The AT-2 contains 28 tank mines. ATACMS is a long-range missile delivered from the MLRS. This contains only one rocket in each pod, and only the US army uses this. GMLRS precision guided missiles that can have different warheads

NORWEGIAN USE
The acquisition of MLRS for the Army was started in 1994 and 6 vehicles were delivered in 1997 and 6 in 1998.

The first contingent of MLRS Btt in art/bn at Setermoen was trained in the autumn of 1998, and we have had a total of 6 launchers in daily use up to 2005 when they were put on Mob storage until a decision on the system’s further future.

Norway initially acquired only AT-2 ammunition and entered into a contract for the purchase of bomblet ammunition M26A1 which was to have a longer range with self-destruct on all bomblets. Problems with the development of the M26A1 meant that this procurement was terminated pending the approval of the SDF and the development of the GMLRS

PICTRUES

Spoiler

332748063-3027390124232025-4948400725616874994-n hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB

SOURCES

Spoiler

WarthunderNorway on Instagram: "M270 MLRS MULTIPLE LAUNCH ROCKET SYSTEM ARMAMENT 2x6 rockets TECHNICAL DATA Eigne: Cummins VTA-903T-600 Top speed: 64km/h Lenght: 7.03m Widht: 3.03m Total weight: ca.26 000kg armed Crew: 3 GENERAL INFORMATION The development of the MLRS started in 1972 and in 1980 a contract was signed between the US army and Vought Corp (now Lockheed Martin) for the production of the weapon system. The chassis is based on the American Bradley armored personnel carrier. The system is autonomous and operated by a crew of 3. The idea was to support the traditional tube artillery and deliver larger amounts of firepower in a short time. Ammunition is delivered in a "pod" with 6 rockets, and the wagon has room for 2 pods. The system can fire 12 rockets in under 1 minute and charging takes approx. 9 minutes. A collaboration between the USA, Germany, Great Britain, France and Italy resulted in a European production of MLRS for these nations. In total, approx 1000 launchers for the system have been sold for 14 nations AMMUNITION The M26 is the most common ammunition and it contains 644 M-77 bomblets in each rocket. The AT-2 contains 28 tank mines. ATACMS is a long-range missile delivered from the MLRS. This contains only one rocket in each pod, and only the US army uses this. GMLRS precision guided missiles that can have different warheads NORWEGIAN USE The acquisition of MLRS for the Army was started in 1994 and 6 vehicles were delivered in 1997 and 6 in 1998. The first contingent of MLRS Btt in art/bn at Setermoen was trained in the autumn of 1998, and we have had a total of 6 launchers in daily use up to 2005 when they were put on Mob storage until a decision on the system's further future. Norway initially acquired only AT-2 ammunition and entered into a contract for the purchase of bomblet ammunition M26A1 which was to have a longer range with self-destruct on all bomblets. Problems with the development of the M26A1 meant that this procurement was terminated pending the approval of the SDF and the development of the GMLRS" my own instagram!

MOTORISERTE MILITÆRKJØRETØY I NORGE - HMKSHOP - Depot Moane

https://www.facebook.com/groups/243840341664/search/?q

Redirecting...

Feilinvesteringer for milliarder – NRK Dokumentar

This post was made by
Til_Dovre_Faller
Warthunder_Norway

3 Likes

It would be interesting to implement in the game and an interesting addition to the European and American tech trees.

2 Likes

Meh we do need more rocket systems but i think this would be quite OP and would need larger maps.

1 Like

I will provide some more information on the ammunition/rockets, i have a lead on it possibly being made in norway

It is limited in ammunition tough, and have to reload at a captured zone, but the rockets are quite big and powerful, it can aslo use bomblets and various other ammo, that might be something one day

2 Likes

All MLRS systems are essentially useless. Why not finally add one that is even semi-viable. It will still need good skill, can only reload at cap points after its small magazine is expended, and is very vulnerable to everything. I just want to play with bomblet missiles

I will always support the rocket systems because I think they are one of the most fun things in the game and I love the sound they make when they are fired, and there are very few in the game, +1

6 Likes