M1A2 SEP V2 doesnt have better LFP armour

I was playing with a friend, and saw someone with “Dom” in their name. I asked him if he thought the name was supposed to have some BDSM connotations. He said no, because anyone who plays WT is clearly a “sub.”

Gaijin didn’t mean it. They were just upset.

probs pointless now, but this document says that Abrams tanks are authorized for an unlimited amount of DU armor. Per the SUB-1536. Like I said to the clown when I had to show him the original license was amended and all limits were removed.:

"(i) Abrams Tank, Heavy (Depleted Uranium) Armor. This item contains radioactive material, Depleted
Uranium (DU), which is NRC licensed by TACOM by NRC License SUB-1536. Chemical/Physical
Form: Solid slabs sealed in stainless steel packages. The amount of DU in the armor is unlimited per
the NRC License. It provides armor protection for the Abrams Tank. The Abrams Heavy Armor Tank
can be identified by a turret number (serial number) ending in a “U”. In addition, the turret may be
distinguished from a non-DU turret by using a radiac meter. The tank is not otherwise marked with
any radiation marking or symbol. "

3 Likes

Thats unclassified. You know thats not going to be accepted lmao

2 Likes

How do you get that pic for your acc?

U-Boat event that was going on in the last build event.

I’d rather not contract the Coping Disease that has been recently spreading around by you, so this is my last response. ;)

So how about that DU insert Gajin? Or do i need to sacrifice another virgin.

1 Like

wait, you only sacrificed ONE? Oh so that’s why our hull armor is not going through. You are supposed to sacrifice TWO each time !

1 Like

Imagine Abrams are in Russian tree they’ll get up armored within a day
Poor other souls like leclerc still a piece of s*** same goes as other non Russian tank except Sweden for some reason

1 Like

The M1A1 hull front armor weighs 3,115lbs, and how do i know that? Well the recently “leaked” information about the Abrams Lightweight Variant Tank says the following:

M1A1 Variant design changes for weight reduction.

You can see that they reduced -188 lbs from the M1A1 hull front armor incorporating titanium and increasing the height of armor in front. They’re also giving the Abrams Lightweight Variant Tank total front armor weight, which is 2,927 lbs.

To get the M1A1 hull front armor weight you just need to do this: 2,927lbs + the reduced 188 lbs from the Abrams Lightweight Variant Tank, which gives you 3,155lbs.

Dont tell me this is a classified information.

Which proves there is no Russian bias.

Now things start to get interesting!
The Component Advanced Technologies Test Bed (CATTB) hull front armor weight is given in the Finite Element Stress Analysis report for the CATTB as 4,060 lbs, compared to 3,115 lbs for the M1A1 hull front armor.

As you can see, the CATTB hull front armor is 945 lbs heavier compared to the base M1A1 hull front armor.

According to a report published on MAR 1989, the CATTB’s hull armor protection was not increased, but the armor protection on the turret and crew sides was significantly increased. But now there’s the question, the hull protection was not increased compared to what? turret armor got significantly increased compared to what? The M1A1? or the M1A1 HA which fits better on the CATTB’s development time line?

Following the CATTB’s development time line (1989-1994) a BRL hull armor design has been developed and demonstrated which provides 35% more KE protection and 25% more SC protection than the present M1A1 hull armor.
FA6-ze9XsAEN7_5.jpg.3f1353ad0fffb921dd9b94636306f82d

Maybe the CATTB uses that improved armor which brings the hull front armor weight from 3,115lbs (M1A1) to 4,060lbs (CATTB) and perhaps the M1A1 HA/HC uses the same improved hull front armor as the CATTB?

8 Likes

Afaik it’s not classified, it’s been on twitter/X since may.

Ok then, no worries.

1 Like

If only 5 hulls were with DU hulls, why us army spend millions of dollars throughout the years on it?

https://odin.tradoc.army.mil/WEG/Asset/M1A2_Abrams_SEP_American_Main_Battle_Tank_(MBT)

Seems pretty official.

“Hull Armor
upgraded third-generation depleted uranium armor components with graphite coating”

…and before any troll or pre-emptive contrarion wants to claim they used Wikipedia or defense-update.com for the source, they listed external sources only in reference to the 3 images linked the M1A2 data set.

Those three images were sourced from the sources mentioned in the sources tab. The rest of the information comes directly from the U.S. Army.

5 Likes

Technically FY 2008. The SEP V1 program was still maturing, and they implemented the hull armor at the end of it. Which would go on to SEP V2.

1 Like

…and why would they update and amend the license to remove the 5 hull limit in the entirety of the license?

any news from the devs? Are they gonna implement it ?