M18 Hellcats are too fast, need a nerf

I find it funny all the people who complain about the m18 going up to 6.0 as if it would be underpowered. One YT vid I watched complained because the m18 would struggle to pen 7.0 vehicles. lmao.

IMO light tanks have always been slightly OP because they get way too much firepower while also getting other benefits like spotting and great mobility and lower SP cost. So it is a totally justified increase, same as the puma going up; no way the m18 should be at the same BR as the m4 76 or the puma the same as the pzIII.

Anyway, I don’t think it’s OP, just that other nations don’t get good light tanks to compete. Though other nations trump the US lineup in other areas so it’s fine, really.

1 Like

typical german main comment from thodin

5 Likes

But then IT IS op. See it from a non-M18 perspective. You’ve got a map with 3 caps in the center. You start the game. Spawn your nerfed Panther, which got the limiter slapped on it (42 km/h). M18 are more than double as fast. Most nations have nothing comparable. They get all 3 caps before you even have the chance to reach half the distance. When you finally arrive, they’re already around you. Shot you from the back, from the sides. Or used that ludicrous sped and faulty ingame physics to buzz on super steep hills no tank might climb otherwiese.

It just breakes game mechanic, if one team always get capture points + full area control for no effort. Just because they have a cehicle with double the speed on a platform which offers the firepower of a medium tank. Autowin features are never good for a gamne.

Panthers are also medium tanks not light tanks/fast TD’s…

Which one? The one where you always win against them?

Literally the whole point of the M18’s creation.😂

6 Likes

So what vehicle you would suggest then? There is nothing faster at 6.0? The only ger competitor would be the Wiesel. But its 7.3 (over 1 BR step higher???). Has far less pen.

Panthers have far better armour and guns. M18s are going to struggle to kill panthers, especially at range, while Panthers can just one-shot m18s.

4 Likes

You are a wear that the M18 had a top speed over 55mp/h but the recommended operational speed is 55mp/h but I think it was about 70 maybe I need to fact check the top speed anyways nerfing the M18 hellcats speed will make it none Historical and not real.

Anyone who says the M18 should be nerfed due to speed should go and actually look at the tanks real Statics and not just what they feel about it and also the tank was designed on the basis of Seek, Strike, Destroy in other words it is meant to fins the enemy strike it can destroy it with blazing speed and a powerful gun.

2 Likes

Pfft idk. I’m not here to tell you of a vehicle that could be like a German M18. Off the top of my head I’d say puma, I’ve seen those up to 7.0 and have a feeling it’s probably goes higher than that too. The point here is your complaining about a light tank going fast and killing you in your medium tank, even though in real life that was the whole point of it. And you know this game tries to keep it realistic.

Comparable vehicles would be something like the BTR or Wiesel. Those are around BR 7.3. and have less firepower than a M18. So thats where adjustments need to be done. Either the competitors get lowered to 6.0 or M18 goes to 7.3 as well.

All nations should have the same chance to take a cap and to flank heavier opponents.

why is My question to you why should we bring modern Vehicals with Composite armor that will shruge of WW2 rounds down do the BR of WW2 tanks and also why don’t you try to get the M18 and use it and see that it’s fine they are not really that good all they have is High top speed and a Deccent gun unless it’s the super and also it only has 20mm of front armor on the hull 12mm on the front a machine gun can kill it so it’s no even thats good.

My suggestion is shoot it because that makes the tank a non issue.

3 Likes

Exactly

Literally. Or just don’t let it flank you, it’s a loud tank

Faster than any 11.7 main battle tank in the game.
Twice as fast to accelerate compared to one of the more mobile T-34 variants, three times faster to accelerate than a Panther A. Not even the recently buffed M36 can keep up.

If the M18 GMC is ‘‘not too fast’’, then what is?

1 Like

The fox 😂

1 Like

Yeah where is the Fox moving 99km/h both ways and you complain about the M18

No. Trying to make all nations the same is just stupid. If Germany had a good WW2 light tank then it would already be in the game. You can’t just shoehorn one for “balance”. Nations have different strengths and weaknesses, that’s what makes the game fun and different nations unique. US has good light tanks, but they have crap guns and get clowned on by anything that has heavy armour. They don’t have anything that can reliably pen a panther’s UFP until like 6.3-6.7 except for like the m36B with HEATFS. So if you gave Germany a similar light tank then suddenly you’d have to give US good guns or soviet a medium tank actual good gun handling.

4 Likes

Thats gonna be for a later “topic” I am sure.

1 Like

This is all so true. And if they also want to be even more realistic then German engines can catch on fire every 5 minutes and have unreliable armor bc of poor production in late war Germany