Low graphics card support

Since the update to plant swaying in the wind, every time I approach a large number of grass or trees in cannon sight mode, there will be severe frame drops. Why is it unable to close? It should be turned off in low graphics card support mode

1 Like

Nah, ULQ sucks. Get over it and grab a old gtx1070 for example. If you cant afford the few bucks for something that can run war thunder- you should do maybe something else, like playing word, paint or pinball 3d.

1 Like

for around 70 € (and that in the expensive Germany) you can get a GPU that can run War Thunder on 1440p at high graphic settings (with all texture packs, if you research enough), so I don’t see, that the issue is significant enough, that even with enabling ulq on a decade old laptop you get that bad of a performence.
So use the time to make more money, to get a cheap used gpu for under 100 bucks, a used AM4 system for a bit over that and you are fine to brilliant without needing ulq for 60 fps and great visuals. Also there are steps in between that and your likely system.

So I am sorry, ULQ is already mostly a neccesary evil, being abused to get performance advantages, like in E-Sport games.
This is just to extreme of a case, even with Gaijin doing very much to get the minimum specs down and keep down.

Time to update old PC ,comes to us all.

It has been mentioned by devs members that disgusting amount of people play on 720p still. If you look at steam hardware survey from Jan 2024, 15.09% of the total participants had VRAM of 2GB or less.

I understand that it’s super cheap nowadays to purchase a second hand card. I got a 1050ti and a 1660 super still tucked away while my main rig runs a 4070. But 70 to 80 GBP or even euros is a lot of money in plenty of Asian countries where there’s still a huge player base. 800 yuan in China is a whole month of eating out and more if you cook at home. I have friends that are teachers in Turkey that earn roughly 400 euros a month.

still that results in over 82 % of all steam users (a good approximation for gamers) have a GPU with 4 GB of VRAM and 86 % running with a resolution of 1920 by 1080 or more. Also below 4 % have 4 GB or less RAM, so 96 % of all steam users (again, a decent approximation for gamers) have 8 GB or more RAM.
Also officially Windows 10 is a minimum requirement, which also exclude the below 1 % Windows 7 and 8 users.
Additionally below 7 % of all users have less than 4 physical CPU cores, despite the minimum specs requirering only 2 cores.

Also with lower resolutions (720p being the lowest supported one), you need even less strong graphics processing. Also don’t forget, that the local prices differ, so while a GTX 960 4GB is here 50 € before negotiation, it could be way lower in Turkey. Also don’t forget that Windows 10/11 is 145 € here, if you want to stay legal, which you need to assume.

still that results in over 82 % of all steam users (a good approximation for gamers) have a GPU with 4 GB of VRAM and 86 % running with a resolution of 1920 by 1080 or more.

Only Gaijin themselves will know exactly what we all play on. But an 18% in total market is still a lot of people. I’d wager plenty of that market IS due to limitations in regions like Eastern Europe and SE Asia. It’s clearly big enough of an issue that Gaijin will update and maintain ULQ for them.

Also don’t forget, that the local prices differ, so while a GTX 960 4GB is here 50 € before negotiation, it could be way lower in Turkey.

Unfortunately it’s mostly these countries that get pushed over by regional pricing. A lot of games on Steam don’t even have realistic localised prices (some do, thank god), the same goes for hardware. Most graphics unit cost the same here as in Turkey. I was pretty shocked when I found out the first time. The same applies in China, my original 1050 card that I bought there costed 1400. Resold for 120 in the UK, actually lost money lol.