Lockheed Martin F-22A Raptor - Transforming the Aerial Warfare

+1.

As much as I would love to see 4++ and 5th gen fighters in War Thunder I doubt we will see them any time soon… if ever

My guy…are you struggling against the MiG-29SMT of all things? How badly do USA-only players need to be handheld for you to be satisfied?

Like seriously…you have the best flight models, the best radars, and the best missiles for the most part.

4 Likes

mig29smt trades a garbage, unusable flight model for the best close range missile ingame. pretty fair trade off to me

1 Like

tornado f3 and f3 late should never have been added, they are interceptors not fighters

A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ I Love this aircraft!!!

1 Like

‘hurr d urr rusain baiaiaiass wawawaaa’ grow up dawg… the russians perform badly considering they now have the worst fox 3, the worst fm, and the one advantage they had is now gone (extremely good close range missiles)

1 Like

So is the lightning and technically the Mirage IIIs are Point defense fighters so same thing but different name. There’s a ton of other interceptors in game but I’m too lazy to list them. Just because it doesn’t conform to the meta doesn’t mean we should skip out on some of the most important aircraft.

2 Likes

fair… its not as if interceptors shouldnt be allowed, its just that if they cant do anything at all without struggling, then theres an issue.

1 Like

Yeah the meta is knife fight and die. Not exactly great for interceptors but maybe (definitely never) gaijoobles will give a reworked ARB for interception and strategic bombers.

its more like throw the knives at the other guy and then go run over and get it when you miss

1 Like

Given how Gaijin has many times skipped past a bunch of stuff to get the most famous fighters into the game, I suspect they’ll be in WT sooner than you think. I fully expect Eurofighter Tranche 1 and Rafale C/M F1 by the end of the year, and the more advanced models with the full armament available (possibly excluding Meteor) next year.

Likewise with stuff like F-2A for Japan, F-16V Block 70 and F/A-18E for USA, MiG-35 and Su-30 for Russia, J-10 and J-16 for China, JAS39E for Sweden, etc. I’ll be surprised if those aren’t all in the game by fall 2025 at the latest.

Gen 5 fighters will probably take a good deal longer, but there’s no doubt the F-22, F-35, Su-57 and J-20 will happen eventually.

i kind of doubt that 5th gen fighters will be even realistic, theres gonna be some crazy artificial nerfs/buffs to balance it oout cause rn the usa jsut dominates completely

Hold up, let’s pause this dogfight so I can’t go get my missiles please.

Im not argue about “eventually”, just any time soon. Fox-3 carriers already a pretty big power-creep and without sophisticated number (and quality) of 4++ gens to at least offset the strength of 5th gens I dont see them being added (unless you want to learn, as analogy, why F-15 have it kill score while being on receiving end)

Actually, RCS of F-22 is 0.00000000000000000000000000000001, so you’re wrong, I’ve seen LM brochure with this number

I have documents saying that F-22 RCS is 0.0000000000000000001, your documents are wrong

you just said 2 different numbers sir are you ok

1 Like

+1, This will be cool addition, however later on down the line when all 5th generation aircraft can be added.

Nah, F22 should be the next big thing after the F18 drops. The F15EX and F16V can be soft dropped at the half way point.

We still have the F22B/C/D, F36 Kingsnake, X-47B, and F/A XX that can come after the F-35A/B/C. Which should be after the F22A by far.