Lockheed Martin F-22A Raptor - Transforming the Aerial Warfare

fair

A wonderful aircraft, but far too soon. Give it a year or 3, and gaijin will also need to add other equivalent aircraft to other nations when it does come.

CooL

we need F117 first tho

1 Like

Good find, this game is totally going to get shut down when gaijin models RCS wrong and somebody leaks docs to radar absorbing paint lol

2 Likes

Mate this is from the 90s before the F22 even entered service this doesn’t tell you anything

F22 was considered if the EFT ever fell through or just wasn’t good enough

I think this is a great time to finally see this. Now that we have the Mig 29SMT (2016) and the SU27SM (2003) we should certainly see the F-22A (2005). Its 10 years older than the Mig 29SMT so the time is now!

No need to worry about modeling RCS, the only country that opposes it in game doesn’t have RADAR that can detect it. So just don’t model it and it will be realistic.

Older doesn’t mean equivalent. The F-22 was ahead of its time by quite the margin, and set a new standard as well. Adding a plane without counterparts like this would be like adding Aim-120s to only one plane (before update seek and destroy) in one tree before adding any other equivalents.

4 Likes

You mean like… adding thrust vectoring IR missiles to only one nation? Or like adding 6x Fox 3s to an aircraft that could only carry 2?

We have passed that nonsense, and the gatekeeping is getting old. Seeing 2016 and 2003 aircraft dumped in negates that argument now.

If you’re referring to the R-73, it was added with a counterpart, the Aim-9M. In exchange for superior short range capability, it succeeds in longer ranges and different aspects that the R-73 does. Adding both was a great idea in terms of balance.

As for the 2x-6x ARH missiles thing, I’m not fully sure what you’re talking about, if you could elaborate that would be nice.

No, it absolutely does not. These aircraft have nerfed armaments to allow them to be balanced. The MiG-29SMTs FM is also absolute garbage, and was picked for a balancing reason. It’s still missing later R-77 variants (specifically the second stage booster R-77 with massive range) and R-74s.

There’s a reason gaining held off on adding SOME ARH missiles and platforms for some nations first, but rather waited to give them to all nations at once.

Take this from me, and American Air TT main (and Israeli air sometimes on the side too), it’s already hella powerful as it is. If you want this added now, they wouldn’t even hesitate for a singular second to add the Felon along with it. You think they’re just going to hand over the most capable combat aircraft in world to the nation with the best top tier Air winrate and aircraft? Open your mind man.

3 Likes

Are you stupid? I mean I am too sometimes so I get it, but that’s not at all how RCS works…

Range is what matters for this stealth to work. The modern jest can pick up a F-22 at certain ranges.

By the logic and wording of your message I gotta ask, do you think I just shouldn’t be able to get a radar lock on a F-22 with ACM at 1km? What about a standard (but faint) lock at 25km? How much do you think you know about radars and radar cross sections exactly?

2 Likes

The F15C carries Aim-9X Block I and II. As well as the newer AMRAAMs so its a mute point. And again, gatekeeping.

But also those missiles have been added in game already incorrectly. Launching those big boys at anything other than wings level isn’t possible. The Aim-54C had a dog fight mode, the R27ER could only be used straight and level.

We are talking Air to Air radar, not ground or air based or AWAC assistance. We are not talking about ground based and low band or over the horizon systems. The Mig 29SMT or Su-27 would be shot down before it could even see the F22 in this game without some kind of artificial nerf. We already know the SU-57 has an RCS of around 1.0. Compared to the F22 all aspect cross section of sub 0.00016 and the F35s 0.0015. The SU-57 is comparable to a clean F18. No comparison.

But back on topic the gate keeping is getting silly. So many Aircraft suffer or have suffered from nerfed armament and sitting 20 - 30 years behind in game far worse than being the first to get thrust vector missiles with IRCCM etc. We are just now getting 1976 technology vs 2016 Jets. 1986 Tornado F3 vs 2016 SU-27? If you think it doesn’t matter, it really does. Their is more than just weapons. Engine enhancements, better RADARs etc. 1988 JAS 39. The Mirage 2000-5 is a little better being a 1990 airframe, but still not a 2016 one…

If you want to play that game. Then bring in the F22A with the improved Aim-9M Improved Generations or better yet Aim-9R

After the Soviet Union collapsed the Russian Air Force was severely underfunded and unable to field new technologies. That is why we have aircraft from that era in game, because they are a match for NATO fighters from earlier years.

5 Likes

Not this regurgitated bs about rcs and f-18 comparisons lmao.
Brother…
You dont know how rcs works

Im willing to explain if you are willing to listen

2 Likes

I have the manuals for the aircraft sitting on my desk. Only one of which I know is public knowledge. It is pretty clear, and from confirmed pilot reports. That the “necessary” means necessary not “well, if you don’t things will be fine”… None of the materials say “advised” or “works better if”… They say “necessary to”.

Are you okay?

1 Like

+1.

As much as I would love to see 4++ and 5th gen fighters in War Thunder I doubt we will see them any time soon… if ever

My guy…are you struggling against the MiG-29SMT of all things? How badly do USA-only players need to be handheld for you to be satisfied?

Like seriously…you have the best flight models, the best radars, and the best missiles for the most part.

4 Likes