Leopards w/ spall liners are way too op

Functionally, there’s very little difference between top round pen, anything that clears ~550 might as well be DM53 in-game pen-wise.

Well a report has gone to the devs for spall liners for T64s and up

it joever

cleary russia is known for using spall liner back to the t54

Trust me bro

source is the CIA funny enough

remember how they denied the spall liner report for the leclercs or general reports because they were russian? And gajin stated russian sources cant be used for western equipment?

3 Likes

lol

Well it only was sent to the devs not confirmed to happen
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/SauFqgAwMoC5
good luck reading it though

u remember which bug report had the no russian sources for western equipment thing?

1 Like

no

shame

So T-72, a cheaper version of T64B (because poor Russians couldnt even handle to produce expensive tank) has spall liners but Abrams and Leclerc doesnt have huh?

Really interesting i must say.

based on this
“The T-64A also has a radiation-absorbing liner to protect the crew against the effects of residual nuclear radiation. This liner will also provide some protection against spalling”

Source describes anti-radiation lining being effective at taking some spall, which was clamed even by devs like 2-3 years ago.

At what degree? This is like saying fuel tanks can take spalling but i dont see any of them acts like spall liner every single time.

There is a reason why whole dedicated spall liners are inside the tanks.

1 Like

how out of shape are you? You act like you’re going to get fatigued in less than a 10min period or that these rounds are 100lbs… I’ve unloaded 100’s of 120mm Abrams tank shells during de-mil process for 10hours shifts for months on end with literally 5 people pushing carts hitting my station almost every 20 seconds in which I had to place every shell into the cart unassisted, slap a tip-holder onto the projectile, then fasten a hose clamp and plastic protecting band underneath with an air impact wrench around the aluminum sabot… On-top of that I also had to pull the cotter pins, pop the air-seals, and then finally twist the lids off the containers in pallets of these ugly sobs all by myself after a forklift operator dropped them on the scissor lift sometimes it required a crowbar to pry those lids open

If all i had to do was to open a door, pull the round, shut the door, slam a round into the breach, wait for them to fire rinse and repeat i could easily maintain that pace,

and lets not kid ourselves how often in game that pace would be required… maybe in the case of bad shot placement I could see a loader having to maintain that pace for 3 shots on a single tank then its take a break time when the 4th round is loaded…

8 Likes

But guys, soviets too OP, leo is fine.

I can already feel in in my bones that, when Russia once again retakes throne of being the best nation at top tier, he will be like;
“uh no, you’re just bad russia is easy to defeat… btw this 75% WR is only due to you being bad… ))))”

7 Likes

Russia doesn’t have that many tanks left. A more modern t90M and T80 maybe, but not that many more. Best spaa with the pantsir they can get aswell.
But they will probably cry so loud that gaijin adds the T-14 completely busted

Exactly, cant wait to hear those excuses.

You keep forgetting prototype designs that are much better then actual production versions they can add seeing how obj292 opened that door it safe to assume many Russian prototypes are on their way.