Leopard 2a5DK: The upgraded Beast

I mean, don’t research it then, skip it. They have added a lot of “copy-paste” vehicles for a long time now, and I don’t think it’s gonna change, so we both have to live with it and make the best out of it. I personally like it, putting different countries’ perspectives on a tank puts more depth into the game.

There are things they could add though. A bonus on researching a 100% “copy-paste” tank, like the finish Leopard 2a6, if you already have the German Leopard 2a6, or make a hard skip, for example, if you already have the Leopard 2a4, and don’t wanna research it in the Hungary tree, but want the lynx, you can fully skip it.

The Leopard tank family is a huge export tank, and I think is a shame not putting some of the more unique versions of the tank in-game, which the Danish Leopard 2a5dk is.

I agree with you that this tank would have been in my opinion, a way better squadron vehicle than the T-80U.
I can’t see it as a premium tank, It is too good for that. either make a Danish/Norwegian line or make it a squadron vehicle, you can also make it an event vehicle, (really hope not though, since I don’t wanna grind the event :D ).

I mean. By this argument, most leopards in Warthunder are copy-paste. Should we yeet all of top tier Germany because vehicle similarities? No

Anyways, seems like a nice intermediary step from A4 to Strv122 in the Swedish tree.

Could also go to GB tree as a flavor adder because of Danelaw. Also because it would be funny

1 Like

And this is why the Danish and Norwegian Leopard 2A4 should be added to the Swedish tree. That way we have 4 identical 2A4 at 10.3 where the Finnish one is super unique with its stowage box at the front of the turret.

2 Likes

No they are not a part of the Swedish army … but the Swedish tank tree is a “Nordic” tank-tree… by historical reasons. We are historical united as “Nordic countries” and therefore you see both Finnish and Norwegian tanks in the tank-tree. BTW… Denmark now have Leopard-2A7 as the first country outside Germany.

1 Like

They wouldn’t get them anyways because Denmark chose to go with German munitions following trials with LKE II & KE-W A2, where the former performed better and was chosen. Besides that they operate DM11, which, if modelled properly, would work similarly - but in this game all programmable rounds only get time-fuse kekw.

2 Likes

The problem is people keep considering the strv 122 something special and different when its just a selection they wanted from the leopard 2 improved project and every upgrade for the strv 122 comes from either KMW or Rheinmetall. Treating a version of a 2a5 as something intermediary is ridiculous; its completely contemporary to the strv 122

1 Like

Things can be contemporary and really close to eachother in performance, and yet still be an intermediate step

+1 for Sweden. Makes the most sense anyway. @Chickbecombo any thoughts on doing the Leopard 2A7-DK?

4 Likes

+1 for either Germany or Sweden. Would just make a nice addition to either lineup.

I have thought about it, also the Danish Leopard 1a5Dk, but I don’t have the time right now, going into my 1. semester exam. Did some pre-work on it, and getting information about it was a bit hard. But I found a book that I would like to own and could help me a lot. (https://www.trackpadpublishing.com/denmarks-leopard-2a7dk) So maybe after the exam if I remember, I will surely take a look at it. :)

1 Like

Denmark has the 2-A7-V yes, but before that they had the 2-A5-DK. And it depends where in the country you’re from, if you feel closer to Sweden or Germany

+1 for Germany.

1 Like

+1 but would probably only be added as an event, premium or squadron vehicle
Neither Sweden nor Germany really needs more 2A5s so unless it’s replacement for the T-80 for Sweden or Event/prem for Germany it just doesn’t have much of a place

(aware that i’ve kinda mentioned similiar a bit back but never really said my vote for it + nation idea)

+1 for Sweden. Can we get a new mechanic where Nations can grind vehicles related to this said Nation? Ex: If this tank was added to Sweden It should be possible to be grinded out by Germany and it should work vice versa.

That would kind of defeat the whole purpose of tech trees. I don’t think cross-grinding TT:s is a good idea.

1 Like

我还是更希望豹2pso实装D级装甲

I still prefer gaijin to make real D armor

Would be great after the Finnish 2A6. I don’t think it will come like that though because I think it was stated that Denmark/Norway are exclusive GE/Event vehicles which would be disappointing because the Leopard 2A8NO would be fun.

1 Like

+1 for sweend pls hurry up!