Leopard 1A5NO2 - Inaccurate standard camouflage

LEOPARD 1A5NO2
INACCURATE STANDARD CAMOUFLAGE

INTRODUCTION

Many of the Norwegian vehicles have been painted with various Norse names and brands, among these you can see that the standard skin that is on the Leopard 1A5NO2 vehicle in the game is based on one that was called “Slem”.

As a result of all this I have found two pictures of this wagon which was called “Slem”, and while studying them I saw that it does not match the one in the game, where the base color is incorrect, it is supposed to be green , The symbol we see on the side of the tower (knight’s helmet) is not there in the pictures, the number that is on the side of the tower on both sides is incorrect, in the game it is 132 while it should actually be 231. On the gun mantle you can see a mistake too, as the “Slem” inscription should be slightly smaller and narrower in addition to having a black background with a point pointing forward. In the picture where we see the wagon on the side, we can see some birch sticks and a tent lashed together at the very back of the wagon, these were brought along all year, and should therefore be included in the skins, The sticks were mainly brought along in case you got stuck, but they also had other uses if needed

This is then a “summer skin” even if the pictures you see are in winter, because the white spots are just camouflage netting taped around the wagon.

I am attaching two pictures of Leopard 1A5NO2 in game from two perspectives and the two pictures I found of “Slem”. I also sourced the websites where I found the images

I made this article here to share what I found, maybe bring some attention to the problem

BUG REPORT

Spoiler

Take a look at this, if you agree, you can vote if you want, it can possibly help
Community Bug Reporting System

SUMMARY

-Wrong tactical marking
-Department emblem was never used on this
-The “Slem” Inscription on the mantlet is too big and is missing the black background
-The base colour is supposed to be green
-The lashed together birch stick and tent on the back of the wagon

SOURCES

Spoiler

Norwegian Leopard 1A5NO | Norwegian Leopard 1A5NO during win… | Flickr
Photographer: Unknown, possibly the Norwegian Armed Forces
Poster: Broń Pancerna
Uploaded: October 12, 2015

Norwegian Leopard 1A5NO | Norwegian Leopard 1A5NO | Flickr
Photographer: Unknown, possibly the Norwegian Armed Forces
Poster: Broń Pancerna
Uploaded: October 12, 2015

POLL

Would you like to see the camouflage corrected and fixed?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Tbf fair this isnt the o ly inaccurate camo for the nordic tree, id love to see some of the camos be way my clear as quite a few are very blurry. Overall well documented post.

1 Like

yes there are probably a couple of camouflages that aren’t quite right, I haven’t looked at them much, but I’m pretty sure that some of them should have had that camouflage paint as standard

Since “slem” is the “standard” camouflage we get when we buy the 1A5NO2 wagon, it should be the correct color and markings ss

1 Like