Latin American Ground Forces Tree

the worst idea without a doubt. there you have no nation with locally manufactured vehicles there are only 5 at most with their own variants but the rest is literally copy and paste nothing more.
Argentina, Brazil and Mexico are historically known for having their own local development of armored units, followed by Chile and Peru with their own modifications to their vehicles, in the case of Peru it is even quite interesting.

To be honest the vast majority presented in the conceptual tree you made would not be enough to make a nation of its own, at most it would be better as sub nations in other nations rather than one of its own. A nation like Yugoslavia would be the best introduction to the game, at least there are variants as such.

6 Likes

Literally, the entire Brazilian line of wheels is national production, as are their MBTs like the Tamoyo or the Osorio, in Argentina you have the Nahuel and the TAM, in Chile you have the Piraña family that was built and modified nationally, so everything everything you say is ridiculous, this tree has very little copy/paste in fact since almost all of this is not in the game. By speaking alone you show that you don’t understand anything about the subject.

63 Likes

Tell me you don’t know what you’re talking about without telling me you don’t know what you’re talking about… It’s funny how you even contradict yourself as you go on in this paragraph.

39 Likes

what??

32 Likes

I believe the Leopard 1A5BR would just be a copy-paste. Unless the planned modernization carries out and brings something interesting to the table. Regardless, there are more unique vehicles already filling that BR anyway.

Coming soon, as well as the other trees! Stay tuned!

27 Likes

Thanks! We did consider the CTMS-1TB1 when we started this project. But as we went on, we could barely find any information on its gun’s performance, so we deemed it unsuited for tank combat. Could you shed us some light on this matter?

That’s something I can agree with, but since there are people who enjoy top tier, we also included that. So there’s a bit of everything. And more should be coming soon, as new tank acquisitions and modernizations by LATAM countries are being carried out.

8 Likes

I think this is a very common thought that people have, but as you examine the ground tree closely you notice the large contribution by other nations such as Peru, Cuba and Venezuela. They perfectly fill many gaps in it, and contribute a lot more on the other trees too (helicopters, planes, ships and boats)!

13 Likes

i tried digging quite a bit about it for the BeNeLux tree, couldn’t find much but we estimate armor pen to be around 40 mm

4 Likes

I understand your statement, but it just feels a bit wacky and artificial to me.
Nevertheless, I am still positive about the suggestion as I stated previously and I hope that Latin American vehicles get added sooner rather than later.

14 Likes

No problem, I respect your opinion. Thanks for the support!

7 Likes

This estimation was based on what information?

5 Likes

Is awesome, would be very interesting see it in the game

7 Likes

+1 Looks great, great job guys.

That’s your opinion.

O.o (insert clueless john travolta meme here)

In fact, if something characterizes this TT, it is that it avoided putting c&p unnecessarily.

Spoiler

Two humble suggestions, considering how “difficult” it can be to convince Gaijin sometimes.

1. In my opinion, only with Argentina, Brazil and Chile it would work very well, there are still many things to add. The rest of the vehicles could function as squad/event/premium vehicles.

2. Present the entire proposal as a whole at once, otherwise it would not be “viable”. I am referring minimally to the air TT (sea TT is not exclusive, although there would be no problem completing it either).

Also, let’s be real about something, gaijin won’t implement a new TT without resorting to an excessive amount of c&p. A 100% TT with unique vehicles is a utopia. This or any other TT, at its launch, will have a huge number of existing vehicles with a plus of exclusive things. Gaijin needs to continue exploiting its existing assets to make it more profitable. That’s why I insist that an ABC project would be more than enough for Gaijin.
Its only weak point in my opinion is the level 8 terrain. TAM 2CA2 with IP armor, lahat and M900 could work very well up to 11.3 inclusive (the only compromise would be the M900, but do you know how many vehicles there are in the game , which use ammunition that was never fired?). Osorio 120 should be present, damn, I would grind the entire TT just for him.

In the case of the SPAA there is no problem of including some from other nations other than ABC. Gaijin does this very often.
Greetings and I hope that one day we can have a Latin American TT, some great maps and many more decals.

Beyond my thoughts (trying to adapt to Snail’s logic), this looks really cool. Don’t get me wrong, I myself would prefer it as they propose it (+EE-T2) and if Gaijin agrees to this, he would simply be very happy. GREAT JOB.

9 Likes

Thanks for the support, el_Argentino! You basically said everything and a bit more!

It is already in the tree, it’s called “EE-T1 Osório P2” :)
(That’s its correct designation btw, you may find other names such as “EE-T2” but they are all wrong!)

A TAM 2C with IP armor does not exist, as far as I’m aware (there is a photoshopped image doing its rounds on the internet, but it’s fake). And could its gun fire the M900? As far as I know, that ammunition is exclusive to the 105mm M68A1, due to different pressures and what not.

8 Likes

Can I pre-order to have Gaijin more interested?

15 Likes

If enough people say this, it might just work lmao

8 Likes

Seems pretty good to be honest, kinda glad seeing this project posted in the forum.

9 Likes

I tottaly support this. Alot of vehicles I would love to drive!

12 Likes

Really interesting, I didn’t know that. Thanks for the information.

The Tank exists and the armor exists, I don’t think we need a photo. TAM 2IP is not a tank, it is armor for TAM tanks (mounted on a standard TAM). The armor was designed exclusively for the tank, so I don’t see the problem. In fact, you don’t have to add a new tank, IP (Improve Protection) should be a simple researchable armor mod to unlock, as it happens in almost all other vehicles in the game that have armor mods (+ protection, - mobility, with the option to activate or deactivate according to your interests).

As for ammunition, that would be a compromise, because TAM never used it, although there are many vehicles in the game in the same situation.

Spoiler

As for the TAM barrel, it is approved to fire all standard 105mm ammunition used by NATO. The only difference with the M68A1 is that the M68A1 is lighter, has a muzzle brake (due to the recoil, being on a much lighter platform) and is adapted for the automatic loader. Otherwise, they are cannons derived from the British L7, which is still the 105mm standard in the West. To summarize, it’s not that M68A1 is better than M68. M68 was intended to be used on heavy tanks where there was no problem with recoil (M60, M1) so it was not necessary to worry about this. Let’s say that M900A1 was designed for M68A1 guns because all modern North American 105mm platforms are lightweight. Precisely, M900 uses a new sabot, penetrator, and propellant designed to have a higher muzzle velocity while mitigating the effect of recoil (many MGS ended up with fractures in their chassis due to this problem). The TAM chassis weighs twice as much as the M1128 chassis and is designed to operate without problems (it has gone 40 years without a crack and counting).

Spoiler

To keep in mind, I will make some observations. There are many worse examples in the game of things not working irl, I’ll give you a very clear one: Rad90 has a turret, non-functional, on top of its chassis (they just threw it there). It was really just a concept, it never really existed. Gaijin’s answer is that the chassis existed and the turret existed on the Leopard 1A4. Since both parts were functional, they decided to do the remaining work by combining them into a single vehicle. is there a photo? Yes, but it doesn’t mean anything. There are too many examples like this, of things that never existed or functioned as such. They should also consider it when giving life to these vehicles. Greetings.

5 Likes

It’s true that the auto 37mm used in the CTMS is really obscure. All I was able to find was that it probably used 37x178R cartridge ammo, but couldn’t get any basic info on weights or if it even had AP belts. One alternative you could check out is the Cuban CTMS-1TB1s, which were refitted with a Bofors 20mm in 1960 due to ammo shortage for the previous gun.

4 Likes