LaGS: I like lasers

So we got a 30g pull missile that does not affect by flares👀

1 Like

If you lock onto an air target yes you can theoretically have 18km of front aspect lock without any warning but you lose the proxy fuse so itll be decently difficult

That’s fine. A Pantsir has 15mm armor max.

2 Likes

and then we see the effects of an AiM-9L warhead

Radar turns yellow

you can already test it’s usefulness because you can choose AiM-9L in the armor view

actually i think it has a delayed fuse as can be seen from the testing videos.
so it will detonate inside the vehicle causing heavy damage to SPAA especially
nearly 5kg tnt is more than the 50g of tnt in the panthers rounds and those can pop an SPAA fast

The AS-30L is allready workable against aircraft. So i can see the Laser Aim-9L be perfectly good at hitting aircraft.

it is?
do you have any videos?

Didn’t the Vikhr used to shoot down planes before?

No i dont have videos. Its been a while since i used my Jaguar A, but i bring 2 AS-30L for people who dont pay attention like base bombers aswell as to force manouvers.

1 Like

That one does have the best G-pull of any ATGM and does have a proxy warhead.

9L would pull harder, but would still miss the proxy warhead.

ok i got a revelation…

it will be unflareable AND has the proxy fuse…

the only reason why its a delayed effect is because the proxy fuse is sensitive sideways and not in front of the missile

the 2 dark holes you see where the red part ends are for the IR/laser based proximity sensor

oh AND its smokeless…

so is this a air to ground weapon? as it also seems it could be used for anti-heli

1 Like

unlike a Panther’s 75mm APHE this thing isn’t mostly solid Steel with some filler Explosive, this is a fairly lightly build thin shelled Air to Air missile with a Fragmentation warhed in the center, that thing will disappear on contact with any armor just because it isn’t sturdy enough to survive the impact

the only use we can expect from this comes from the warhead which could work against very lightly armored vehicles but I don’t think it’ll be too effective

don’t get me wrong, this is probably a really good way to use up some old Shitewinders to fight some Infantry groups and maybe disrupt some light emplacements, radars and towed Artillery but in game I don’t see it as very effective

nonetheless I’d still appreciate the addition of this to all AiM-9L capable aircraft that have been in service after this thing was created, even if said aircraft never carried it

1 Like

youd be surprised to know how much a sidewinder can penetrate, granted it wont maintain shape but it will still do the job, peirce thin sheet metal and explode inside

TGP (with laser designator) is a requirement, plus for the purposes of authenticity, exclusivity and the standards that gaijin claims to uphold, i would not give a german made weapon to anyone other than germany first.

only if they carry it can they have it. germany being the exception because they made it and it is compatible with all 9L platforms (despite us having picture proof of german tornados carrying this).

The LaGS retains the DSU-15A/B Active Optical Target Detector laser proximity fuze, which will be deactivated for detonation on impact.

From the Janes Article

Judging with how Vikhr has a proxy fuze, LaGS should as well, but IMO its fine to be always deactivated for balance

theres a janes article?

link plz lol

also it could be interpreted as the proxy fuse being deactivated just before impact in order for impact detonation.

the one from your sources
grafik