Since the new Sons of Attila update, I’ve been experiencing image freezes both in the hangar and in battle. Although I have an older laptop, I used to run a smooth 45 FPS on my custom settings, of course on a Full HD screen. Now when I play it doesn’t matter whether ground or air battles, I have occasional screen freezes about every 15 seconds for about 1-2 seconds. You can imagine that with freeze times like that, fighting in ground RBs is often impossible. You aim at the enemy, you want to shoot, you press the button and nothing happens (freeze). Then you’re dead at worst.
I would really like someone to know about this problem and try to fix it.
My laptop specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-8705G
GPU: AMD Radeon RX Vega M 870/4GB
RAM: 16 GB DDR4
I have the same issue on windows… I can play once “freeze detected” pops up by tabbing in to the game BUT it is VERY VERY VERY slow once in the game… Game maxes out CPU… my laptop is quite old, spec is:
|Processor|Intel(R) Core™ i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz|
|Installed RAM|8.00 GB|
NVIDA GEFORCE graphics card
from what I can tell everything is OK . I did get a coupe of games after the update but then it started like this. Have reinstalled the game but that made no difference
Same here, it was fine when the update drop. But after a few small updates, I get lag spikes all the time.
GPU had no problem pumping 120+ FPS but the occasional drop to 3 FPS made the game frustrating to play.
Nvidia performance overlay displays occasional GPU utilization drops to 0% along with FPS drops
- i3 9100F
- RTX 3050
- 16GB DDR4
Same here, game freezes in battle, on the game selection and even when playing back replays. GPU freezes and graphics gets lowered or it crashes out. I’ve done the full graphics driver wipe and re-install - twice. All drivers are updated, all additional programs are shut down. Run as admin, run with Win 7 compatibility, win 8 compatibility, Vista service pack 1 and 2 and then win 98. I’ve disable GPU overclocking, I’ve enable GPU overclocking. I’ve disabled CPU overclocking and then re-enabled it - and disable it again. I’ve removed all external USB devices, set power management to high. Sacrificed to Thoth and every combination of the above. I’m out of ideas, used to run great about 6 months ago.
Intel i9-11900F cpu 2.5Ghz
Gigabyte RTX 3060
16GB DDR4 RAM
Opps, and I have verified the game files many times, deleted the game folder cache many times, reduced the graphic levels - still happens whether it’s set to high or low quality on everything. Disabled Vsync, run windowed, set SSAA to none, tried all combinations of anti-aliasing and anisotropy.
This dog don’t hunt.
Update, right i think it might be my memory settings. Bios was updated 9 months ago and the voltage on my 32gb of ram was default set to 1.2 volts instead of the needed 1.35 volts. Game is much more stable but i still get the occasional freeze. I feel i might be on the right track… Pray for me.
Not fixed, swapped out the memory and it ran well for about 1 hour, then started crashing worse than before. I give up War Thunder, bye bye. I’m going back to World of Tanks…
after last update i am having these lag spikes(freezes) too.
all stutters for me every 10 seconds or so, and my audio will glitch aswell sometimes giving me headaches