Kings of Battle - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

A certain someone claimed the GCS-1s cannot target ground targets, so that’s out the question
ASMs have been denied
The only real option is JDAM for the F-2 (which is not coming for a while, judging by the existence of the F-16AJ) which is, if the dev server performance is anything to go by, basically the same thing as a dumb bomb that you drop with CCRP. Not exactly an AGM-65D, GBU or Paveway equivalent

inb4 its another air update with a couple premium tanks and useless ww2 trucks sprinkled in
PepeLaugh

1 Like

every western nation does lol, that is why we sadly do not have a pantsyr equivalent, at least recent events showed the importance of mobile anti air and development started again

They should give us Sky Ceptor to be the counterpart of Pantsyr lmao

Not the content we specifically asked for in the form of a high tier IFV but its a nice step I guess… (even tho its a vfm5 turret on a wheeled hull and I doubt it’ll be higher then that…)

problem is that is no standalone system , that is the current problem western nations face since we mostly use multi system defense

Honestly? I’ll take it. It’s something useful. I could see it being a fun vehicle for sure. VFM5 absolutely claps.

Sky Ceptor has a giraffe pole mounted IRST search and track system mounted on the vehicle itself. It’s its own self contained unit, albeit not radar, but IRST.
It can drive, setup, fire, all in one vehicle. The supporting vehicles give it a radar unit

maybe in russian T-80 line soon

probably will be added after the conflict ends but no one know what gaijin will do.

might be an option for britain in that case yet, depending on the actual range of its IRST, i myself am looking forward to the development of the stand alone IRIS T SLM launcher systems, norwegian already got one and germany is developing a boxer variant

Chengdu J-10A & Shenyang J-11A very interesting 4th gen fighter aircraft, J-11A as a the name for the Su-27SK produced by China,

Currently china tech tree missing attack aircraft 10.3 or 10.7 or 11.0 better Nanchang Q-5L, italy lack attack aircraft rank 7 fill gap between F-84F Thunderstreak & Tornado IDS (1995) and USA tech tree missing attack aircraft 11.7 at early rank 8 after A-7E Corsair II

You guess this year new aircraft toptier rank 8 for great britain tech tree maybe lightweight aircraft or fighter/interceptor with ARH BVRAAM ?

I guess another General Dynamics/Lockheed Martin F-16 with guidance Air-to-Ground munitions, active radar BVRAAM and navigation & targeting pod for china tech tree maybe F-16A MLU (Late)

Giraffe IRST has a 120km range, 360⁰
The missiles themselves are 24 vertically launched 45km range missiles

So double that of Pantsyr, but:
No auto cannons
No radar
IRST only
Vertical launch only
Huge profile (bigger than Pantsyr)
Has to setup before it can fire

They’d have to push the spawns back, but they need to do that anyway

Tracked Rapier would be better suited for the game but Land Ceptor / Sky Sabre is a beast

J-11A and su-27sk should be similar, but some models of J-11B are more powerful than Su-35, such as J-11BG and J-11BGH

Wonder if Gaijin would consider adding a separate spawn area for AA that isn’t mobile

Since those systems seem to be a bit stronger than SPAA, perhaps being in a specific location a bit removed from the map would balance their abilities. If you spawned CAS you’d know exactly where they were

1 Like

Britain pretty much only has the sea harrier FA2 left. China I could see J10

Do these later models have good ground attack options?

1 Like

JH-7 crying in the corner…

1 Like

No! IRIS-T SLS Mk III
1 Fire unit is designed to protect one brigade (corresponds to 20x20 km (400 km2) in high intensity warfare).
The request of the Bundeswehr for the composition of each fire unit was:

1 medium range platoon, 2 launch vehicles, 1 radar, 1 command post
2 short range platoons, each made of 3 launch vehicles, 1 tactical command vehicle
Logistic and support vehicles
ARGE NNbS (joint venture including Diehl Defence, Rheinmetall Electronics and Hensoldt Sensors) offered the following solution for this phase of the program.

Vehicle: Mowag Eagle V 6x6
Missile: 2 IRIS-T SLS
Mast with IFF and a radar (3D, 360°, AESA):
Saab Giraffe Lightweight 1X
Hensoldt Spexer Lightweight
C2 system: Airbus Fortion IBMS (“Integrated Battle Management Software”)