Kings of Battle - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

Sweden is no Nato country. Why should any Nato standard apply for them?

Minors like Sweden are just getting too much candy for years. Like the best units from russia (mi-28, T-80, BT5 with this op cannon mod, T-34 etc. etc) from GB, from Germany. Allowed to have a far superior Leopard fleet over the main producer country for years. Mobile artillery, op AA vehicles, better Bf 109-G2 than Germany, got the main German WW2 floatplane, while there’s none in the German TT. Whats next? Iris-T for Sweden, but no one else? The way Swedish mains already asking for the “danish” Leopard 2A7 is disgusting as well.

Another uparmored Leopard tank, while Germany gets junk like the unarmored (kinetic-wise) PSO?

I’m tired of this. How can they pump up a 9 million ppl country that much? Is it why its no part of the Nato? Its becoming evident and is also discussed alot on reddit…well…that somehow all Nato countries just get tanks without effective armor. You can just point and click them. While Sweden, China and Russia enjoy 250-400mm more KE protection in average, which allows them to have somwhat effective frontal armor layouts. Which is a huge balancing issue.

2 Likes

They just joined NATO this year

They’re not NATO yet, Finland is tho

1 Like

Oh damn it, again, the tank exploded, I couldn’t extinguish it, burned again, what the hell is going on?

Time to develop HESH-FS

Fairly certian Turkey dropped its objections end of July. So just waiting on a final vote and will likely join before hte year is out.

I think that vote is sometime next month

2 Likes

Its possible. Lets wait how it turns out.

Yeah, but I think its highly likely at this point. I think it was just Turkey and Hungary making a fuss for the sake of looking like they are still “friends” with Russia, but in-reality, it was always going to happen. They also just want some things out of it, Like Turkey was hoping to use it as leverage to get into the EU for example.

So I reckon Sweden will join this year, and hopefully Ukraine sometime next year

1 Like

Here is the list the ones under lined in green are the ones we have.

1 Like

Is that the list of Hungarian tanks that should be in game?

Well the list of every Hungarian tank in ww2

Ah… that makes sense, was gunna say, no KF41 on there :P

1 Like

The spin isn’t for accuracy, from how I understand it the rotation is needed to make sure there it has a consistent explosive effect on impact, gyro stabilisation affects impact consistency in a way that fins don’t, you only really want fins on a penetrating round not for explosive

1 Like

Lol but yea as you can see

we need more toldi’s

Stop it flagging me

What is wrong with this comment ?

1 Like

Gets added to the German Tree

The spin stabilises the shell during flight. HEAT is fin-stabilised because spin actually diminishes its performance. The rotation forces the explosive energy outwards but you want it to be as focussed as possible. For HE that doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

Yeah, most shell types only need aerodynamic stability which is why fins work well, but HESH benefits from being gyroscopically stabilised to give a more consistent interaction between the head an the target, the explosives would scatter more if it was only fin stabilised

We try a guess in autumn event gaijin migh consider aircraft rank 7 or rank 8 from China or Swedish or UK or USA ?

Im expecting some kind of Su-25 Variant to be honest

1 Like

Woo! I knew it, AIM-9P’s too!

Nvmd lol

1 Like