Kfir cockpits need to be fixed (modified in the case of the C.7)

I know this has probably been said before, but the cockpits for all three IAI Kfirs unfortunately need to be redone. Currently, all three share the exact same cockpit (which isn’t fully accurate to any specific version, but it’s closest to the C.7):

(In-game cockpit for all three versions)

IRL C.7 cockpit:

IRL Kfir C.2 cockpit:

IRL Kfir C.1/Canard/F-21A Lion cockpit

7 Likes

To add on to this: The Kfir C.7 in-game would be relatively unchanged from how it is now, minus the throttle quadrant being modified (since it is a HOSAT system). Based on the external model having the little black bulb-things on the nose and tail (which is part of the RWR system), it would definitely keep its RWR

The Kfir C.2 was also modelled with the RWR bulbs, meaning you’d have to transplant the C.7’s RWR display into the re-done C.2’s cockpit (C.2s I believe were retrofitted with RWRs sometime around 1979-1982).

However, this leaves us with an unfortunate truth regarding the Kfir Canard: As far as I am aware, no Kfir C.1/Canard ever had a Radar Warning Receiver, as they were retired from Israeli service before they could’ve been retrofitted. The visual model for the Kfir Canard also lacks the RWR bulbs, so it would likely need to have that feature removed. That might warrant a slight BR decrease, maybe to 10.3, since you won’t have any good way of being able to know if any radar missiles are coming your way.

4 Likes