KF41: The Majestic Lynx

@Stona_WT When will KF41 be fixed?
You are as efficient as Holy Terra

1 Like

So mine just ate a Khrisantema-S missile to the front and none of the APS/that were all functional and loaded/ activated… dont tell me that magical russian top-tier missiles are somehow immune to Strikeshield detection.

its one thing that you “coded” it wrong and it works way less than half the time, but come on…there is no such thing as a stealth Russian anti-tank missile. The guidance does not matter to the Strikeshield APS, it intercepts all horizontal-attack atgm’s.

@Smin1080p When will KF41 be fixed?

2 Likes

APS is bugged and has been since at least sons of atilla. When the round/missile is destroyed it still detonates the warhead meaning the blast effect and heat jet both exist after the round is destroyed and combined with lynx’s no armor it can still easily be killed. It isnt just strikeshield that is bugged but its the most noticeable because every other platform with APS has substantial armor to back it up

1 Like

Or ATGMS detonate from a significant distance, too far to cause damage. I’m not sure why Gaijin believes this is how APS functions; most systems, including StrikeShield, destroy the warhead and detonator—especially since StrikeShield is effective only when VERY close to vehicles. We have images, documents, etc, from Rheinmetall detailing the before and after effects, yet it doesn’t even reliably stop BMP-1 HEAT shells.

We also have statements and test results from third parties indicating a “success rate for residual penetration of less than 20 millimetres at 94 percent” and “76 percent of shots leaving zero residual penetration on the vehicle.”
Rheinmetall intensifies push to enter US Army’s vehicle protection program (defensenews.com)

Some before and after pictures from rheinmetal advertisements.

Unknown HEAT warhead (most likely RPG-7V)

Presumed RPG-7V warhead

1 Like

And that the lynx is missing significant amounts of its armour just like the PUMA…

Is it only me who’s seeing a pattern of western military vehicles and less armour than Russian / USSR counterparts…

2 Likes

meh, 2s38 doesnt have any armor either. I think its just a case of severely underestimating how much armor is present on this new wave of heavy IFV’s. As far as MBTs go, in game soviet composites suck as much as western ones do, its just they have ERA that is overperforming to make up for the difference

1 Like

BRUH…

@Smin1080p When will KF41 be fixed? Incorrect BR and incorrect armor. The bug report has been passed for a long time. Why can’t the bug be fixed?

Textolite in game has a KE modifier of about 0.2

What does that have to do with the linked thread?

That entire thread is talking about how gaijian didnt correctly convert the armour of russian tanks, especially modern tanks would be effected like the BVM which should have ~25% less armour.

Calculations from that thread

T-80BV ‘1985’ / T-80U / T-80BVM
50mm BTK-1sh Steel x 1.145
35mm Textolite x 0.2363
35mm Textolite x 0.2363

57.25 + 8.27 + 57.25 + 8.27 + 57.25
188.29mm at 68 °
503mm KE LOS

APFSDS needs 403.5mm KE of penetration at 0 degrees to defeat 188.29mm at 68 degrees (503mm LOS)

T-80BVM features RELIKT ERA
840mm KE LOS - 40% (RELIKT) = 503mm Base Hull
APFSDS needs 674mm KE of penetration at 0 degrees to defeat 314.6mm at 68 degrees (840mm LOS)

T-80BVM: From 864mm KE to 674mm KE (28% Nerf)

Regardless, this is going off-topic. Generally, Western IFVs have underperforming armor, especially German ones (KF41 and PUMA), which, funnily enough, neither of which have an APS that is in a functional, reliable, and realistic state.

1 Like

MEXAS is 0.16, leclerc composite screen is 0.16 and 2A6 NERA is 0.10…

Your point was?

Western composites are literally worse than rubber ffs…

@Smin1080p Why is the BR of KF41 at 10.7?

Rubber screens arent exclusive to russia and dont have 2x CE modifiers. My one and only point was that textolite found in soviet composite has similar preformance to the composite with nera elements found in nato internal composites. Nothing else. Russia’s overpreforming armor is caused by angle modifiers and ERA, not because they have some kind of super composite.

0.23 is similar to 0.10? In what world?

Compared to the 1.0, 1.15, and 1.25 found on the same tanks, yeah they’re pretty similar. Yes its double the effectiveness but on the thickest composite in the game its a difference of about 80mm effective

@Kanelikainalo and @KnightFelix it looks like you are both interchangeably talking about real life and game stats and are both confusing each other thinking the other person ment either IRL or GAME when they weren’t.

i might be wrong though since i don’t actually know about the subject itself. It just reads like a misunderstanding of premise.

I belive they are talking about the armor_classes.blkx which contains the properties of each matieral. But i cant really tell what either of them are trying to achive, its going off-topic too.

I mean specifically in game. The composites found in specifically top tier soviet MBTs do not provide a significant advantage in protection over the composite arrays found in their nato counterparts. While Textolite may technically have a higher KE modifier (im not convinced this is universally true due to the variance in composite effectiveness even when they have the same name in game) they are both significantly less effective than steel. My original point was in response to

and I pointed out that it isnt soviet composites significantly outperforming nato equivalents that give them their better protection, its the fact that they tend to benefit much more from angle modifiers than other nations and the state that ERA is in

Just from experience playing as Sweden a vast majority of the time and thus playing both the Leopard 2A6, Strv 122B AND the T-80U:
the T-80U at BR 11.0 can survive against (and has no issue beating) almost all tanks i come across at top tier BR 11.7. i WAY more often have trouble penning the Russian tanks than others and when i play as the T-80U i survive more shots before death. I have about the same K/D ratio in all three vehicles which should not be true for a 11.0 vs 11.7 tanks compared to 11.7 vs 11.7.
But this is just a personal experience and may not reflect game mechanics. but i’ve seen VERY meny threads on the subject pointing to the survivability of Russian tanks being unproportionall to their BR.

And talking on the ERA the Russian ERA just EATS shells/darts for dinner while the Nato ERA just does almost nothing but add weight and slows the tank down. and i’ve seen this a lot from all perspectives, shooting/getting shot at in both Russian tank and Nato tank.