KF41 Lynx Spike ATGM Minimum Engagement Distance

I’m trying to find the minimum engagement distance of the Spike ATGM when launched from the KF41, as of right now under normal conditions it seems like under distances of 350 meters the ATGM will entirely fail to seek the target lofting far behind it and missing entirely. The Spikes on the Freccia seem to be able to engage targets reliably at distances of ~200m though with some irregularity while the KF41 launcher is reclined giving the spike a bit more arc I find it hard to believe a highly advanced smart ATGM is not able to compensate and guide to target.

I’ve been able to find fairly extensive documentation online dictating the maximum effective range of the missile but no substantive info on the minimum engagement distance. Due to WT map design there are a fair number of maps where that 350m minimum engagement distance just isn’t available rendering the KF41 to be a situationally overtiered PUMA.

If anyone has any info on this it’d be greatly appreciated, if it’s implemented properly so be it, but if it’s a bug it’s a really irritating one I’d like to see corrected, especially as the Spike PUMA is already to be in the next update though it does feature a different launcher.

Thanks!

main problem is realy the launcher for the vilkas and kf41
in reality they are moveable as well and not stuck in position.
Since those are fired in an ark already the missle in this case doesnt quite now if it should ark or direct fire and those misses normaly

Puma S1 like the namer ifv and qn506 wont suffer of this probllem since they can just shoot straight from the get go

1 Like

That’s sorta what I assumed which was that the launcher isn’t positionally fixed and could be moved. So I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have the launcher elevation slave to the crosshair to compensate for distance, like obviously due to the minimum firing angle of the launcher itself there’s gonna be SOME min distance but 350 seems flatly unreasonable. On a map like American Desert (one I like) it’s legit just an autocannon IFV.

It main issues is the maps these days. You are in a city map or a map with flanks removed and your main systems to attack tanks needs at least 0.5km to work effectively. Good luck finding a sight line with 500m unless it is on Poland (I have a theory that the snail wants to make Poland the best map in the game by making every other map worst) or one those maps you get once every few months such as Red Desert on the Indian train map.

3 Likes