KBVP: The AČR’s Fury

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

1024px-Roundel_of_the_Czech_Republic_svg KBVP: The AČR’s Fury Emblem_of_Czech_Land_Forces_svg.png.5449

1024px-Pandur2_1457.JPG

A Czech Republic Army KBVP Infantry Fighting Vehicle.

1024px-KBVP-M1_RVS.JPG

A KBVP M1 RVS Infantry Fighting Vehicle designed for combat in Afghanistan.

• Basic Description :
    • The KBPV is an 8x8 Infantry Fighting Vehicle that is a overhaul of the Pandur II APC developed by Austria’s Steyr-Daimler-Puch. In the mid-2000’s, a modified Pandur II with a RCWS-30 combat module underwent trials for the Czech Army’s IFV program to rapidly deploy personnel as well as supplement the BVP-2 IFV, a copy of the Soviet BMP-2 that is still in service. After successful trials, a final prototype was created with refined armor, electronics, and turret specifications to meet the needs of the Czech Army. Following this, the Czech Ministry of Defense in 2009 ordered 107 Pandur II’s at the cost of 14.4 billion crowns in multiple different platforms, including 72 of the KBVP IFV which includes the Samson RCWS-30 unmanned turret that is equipped with a 30mm ATK MK44 Automatic Cannon that can fire APFSDS-T as well as HEI-T/SD that can be used engaging light to medium vehicles, as well as low flying aircraft. Next to the main gun is a 7.62mm machine gun for additional self-defense purposes. To combat heavier vehicles, the RCWS-30 comes equipped with a dual anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) launcher that utilizes the Israeli Spike-LR ATGM. The Gunner sits below the turret viewing threats through the turrets Electro-optical sight that has an integrated laser rangefinder as well as 3rd-generation thermal imager. The Commander sits ahead of the Gunner. and has the capability to operate the turret and also utilizes the MiniPOP Observation device, equipped with a 3rd-generation thermal camera, which allows the Commander 360-degree battlefield surveillance, independent of the Gunner. This was added during a 2011 upgrade to increase surveillance capabilities of the three-man crew. For transport, the turret can fold down into a stowage position for transport in a C-130 or other transport aircraft. Inside the front of the hull, next to the driver, the electronics and vehicle propulsion are powered by the Cummins ISLe T450 HPCR Diesel Engine which provides 450hp. This is coupled to the ZF 6HP 602C Fully-automatic Transmission that provides the vehicle with high mobility, in forward or reverse. The vehicle comes equipped with 2-propellers and a splash guard that allow for amphibious operations. In terms of protection, the KBPV comes standard with STANAG 4569 Level 1 Ballistics and Mine protection, that can be upgraded with modular armor to level 4 at the cost of its amphibious capabilities. In 2017, 4x KBPV’s were equipped with Bar armor and jamming equipment to increase survivability against HEAT-shaped charges as well as IED’s for combat operations in Afghanistan. These were designated the KBVP M1 RVS. For additional countermeasures, the KBPV is equipped with 8x 76mm smoke grenade launchers. After initial delivery of the KBPV, Tatar Defense signed a deal in 2015 with GDLES-Steyr to exclusively produce and service the Pandur II in the Czech Republic. The KBPV is a proven Infantry Fighting Vehicle that has been deployed and is expected to support the Czech Army for years to come.
  • Specifications:
    • Role: Infantry Fighting Vehicle
    • Origin/Manufacturer:
      • Austria/Czechia- Tatra Defense Vehicle (Licensed Production)
    • Armament:
      • Turret: Samson Mk I Weapon Station/RCWS-30
        • Primary: 30mm ATK MK44 Automatic Cannon (200rds)
          • Cartridge: 30x173mm
            • Ammunition:
              • Mk 258 APFSDS-T
              • Mk 238 HEI-T/SD
        • Coaxial: 7.62mm Machine Gun (460rds)
        • Tertiary: Dual Spike ATGM Launcher (2x missiles ready to fire, two stored)
          • Missile:
            • SPIKE-LR
              • Penetration: 700mm Penetration behind ERA (Tandem HEAT)
              • Engine: Solid-propellant Rocket
              • Diameter: 130mm
              • Reload: 15s
              • Range: 200-4,000m
              • Guidance: Fire-and-Forget/Infrared Homing
        • Turret Specifications:
          • Elevation/Depression: +60/-20
          • Traverse: 360-degrees
    • Dimensions:
      • Length: 7.350m
      • Width: 2.670m
      • Height: 3.090.m
      • Weight: 17.5t (up to 25t w/ Bar Armor)
    • Mobility :
      • Engine: 450hp - Cummins ISLe T450 HPCR Diesel Engine
      • Max Speed: 105km/h (~10km/h in water)
      • Transmission: ZF 6HP 602C Fully-automatic Transmission (6-Forward, 1-Reverse)
      • Suspension: 8 x 8
  • Crew:
    • Commander
    • Gunner
    • Driver
  • Features:
    • Laser Rangefinder
    • 8x 76mm Smoke Grenade Launchers
    • Amphibious
    • Samson Mk. I Unmanned Turret
      • Commander and Gunner can both operate turret from within vehicle.
      • Turret can fold downward for stowage purposes, decreasing height by 465mm.
    • Armor:
      • STANAG Level 1 Ballistic/Mine Protection
        • Can be upgraded with modular armor to Level 4 Ballistic/Mine Protection.
          • Additional protection removes Amphibious capabilities.
      • Bar Armor
        • On the KBVP M1 RVS variant
    • Optics:
      • Gunner: RCWS-30 FCS Electro-optical Sight (3rd-generation Thermal Imager)
      • Commander: MiniPOP Observation Sight (3rd-generation Thermal Imager)
      • Driver:
        • Passive IR Periscope (Night Vision Device)
        • 2x Day Periscopes
  • In-game :
    • The KBPV is a heavily armed IFV capable of combatting all types of targets, whether they are land or air. Using the high maneuverability of the Pandur II chassis, the KBPV can flank groups of vehicles or target them with the long range Spike-LR ATGM. Not only this, the high elevation of the turret allows the KBPV to target low flying helicopter or aircraft. The KBPV can equip Bar Armor similarly to the M1128 MGS, offering more protection against HEAT rounds, preventing hull-breaking which is known to plague light vehicles. With the Unmanned Turret, operators would be wise to use hull down positions to prevent crew injury. The KBPV should have a Rank IV upgrade that features the bar armor, redesignating the vehicle the KBVP M1 RVS similarly to the T-64B receiving the T-64BV armor package.
    • Some may argue that this vehicle has its origins elsewhere like Austria, however this vehicle with its RCWS is specific to the Czech Republic and would have a home in an independent Czechoslovakian tree.
    • Estimated Battle Rating: 10.3 (Realistic).
  • Sources:

Imagery

Spoiler

1200px-KBV-PZLOK.JPG

1280px-Pandur_II_8x8_KBVP_(3).jpg

The KBPV on display.

TDV_foto_PANDUR_II_8x8_5.jpg

Photo from Tatar Defence.

0686c81ff542b4cf9c30c553ea9c01fb.jpg

Combined_Resolve_IV_150516-A-LO967-004.j

KBVP’s during joint combat training.

1402--pandur105-tit.jpg

The KBVP showing off its high turret elevation.

pandur_TIT.jpg

Closeup of the Samson Mk. I RCWS mounted on the KBVP.

TDV_foto_PANDUR_II_8x8_interier_1.jpg

TDV_foto_PANDUR_II_8x8_interier_2.jpg

View of the different stations within the KBPV.

904649646_SamsonRCWS-30Brochure1.jpg.07f

131072403_SamsonRCWS-30Brochure2.jpg.dfb

Brochure covering specifications of the Samson Mk. I/RCWS-30.

minipop-land.jpg

Land MiniPOP Day/Night Observation Sight.

1011531469_MiniPopSpecs.jpg.5b1890d23b1f

Specifications of the MiniPOP Observation Sight.

Spike_cutaway_diagram.jpg

Spike ATGM cutout.

https://youtu.be/ZzilXakM-Vg

https://youtu.be/ZzilXakM-Vg

5 Likes

+1 for Czechoslovakian TT

4 Likes

This will give the USSR vehicles with fire and forgets, there’s no other options unfortunately, also the Pandur II PAO would also be great to see.

Please no more Czechoslovak vehicles in the USSR tech tree

8 Likes

Agree!

3 Likes

Why tf it would be in ussr? LOL czech republic is in NATO and pandur isn’t even czech vehicle i think

Since when did Gaijin add stuff based on what defense pact they are in? And yes the Pandur is Czech and Austrian, but the one with weapons is Czech.

Well pandur uses all western equipment, spike ATGMs, bushmaster cannon, etc, it would be totally ridiculous to add it to ussr

Not really, other countries which are western have plenty of Soviet equipment. I get people rather have a Czechtree but it doesn’t seem that’s what’s happening.

And if u want russian variation of spike, there is kornet atgm

I honestly really don’t care about them, not anymore, they’re not very good, SACLOS ATGMs are better. Also if I want a fire and forget ATGM I want 3UBK25 Sokol-V.

1 Like

Yeah but pandur isn’t soviet equipment