Ju 87 incapable of diving without breaking props

At least in the Ju 87 B-2, it has recently become impossible to dive bomb without breaking the prop. I’ve made explicitly sure to set the engine to full idle, deploy the air brakes before I even turn over, and made sure I’m no higher than 3 km in altitude, but my prop is breaking all the way down at 530 km/h. This is consistently replicable, and I have yet to find a set of conditions that are consistently survivable.

This sounds like the bomb is hitting the prop (as props don’t break with airspeed).
Make sure when you’re dive bombing you don’t do any further “nose-down” movement of the plane when releasing the bomb. Even slight nose up when doing bomb release just to be sure.
(and make sure you’re not completely vertical downwards)

At first I though it might be the bug affecting the BTD where when the bomb is released it teleports forwards first through the fuselage and then prop which can break it. But it does this in level flight and is easily identifiable. I took the Ju 87 B-2 out for a test flight and couldn’t get it to do this

2 Likes


Nah, wings rip before prop :D

Ok, so a shallower dive did indeed help, but I thought the Ju 87 was capable of 80-degree dives because of the trapeze?

I dont think ive ever broken a prop in a dive in my 7 years of this game, i dont know how you did that

I’m just following the procedure I swear! I SWEAR!

I’m probably going to have to experiment more and take a close look at the replays and see if I really am accidentally putting in some nose-down or if there’s no actual trapeze modeled…

The big bomb doesn’t use a trapeze, so if you head pretty much straight down and drop it goes through the prop

image

(Hmm… would have looked better if I had the horizon in there, but those clouds were normally level so you can see the angle of the dive from that)

But even with the trapeze ones (they are modelled), if you slightly nose-down a bit further during the drop (even just a small twitch) it can go through your prop (and even your wings or fuselage). You can also see this in level flight if you drop and immediately nose down a bit. (This is pretty much for any plane)

Test flight is the easiest way to test this out repeatedly and quickly. You just need some finger dexterity to get the camera looking sideways at your plane when you do the drop.

2 Likes

I cant even get a stuka to wing rip in a dive with airbrakes on unless im seriously trying to from several KM up.

Are you diving at a near-vertical angle at full throttle to become a lawn dart?

Try reading the thread before commenting, please and thanks, that’s already been ruled out

Oh my god
That is something that could really be put into the wiki page…

That’s the bomb I’ve been using the entire time