JASDF General Discussion

I don’t know where you got that impression from my post, but Japan has basically been on the forefront of military tech for a long while. The problem is the equipment is rarely upgrade so an IFV built in 1989 that remained relatively unchanged is going to seem dated in the modern day, but when it was built, it was one of the most advanced IFVs on the market. Same with the Type 90 having a fully automatic target tracker that is still absent on many tanks to this day. Or the Type 99 that was the first in the world that could be entirely remotely controlled with no crew when hooked up to the artillery command network. I think the next in line to have that feature is the K9A3 which hasn’t even left the drawing board.

4 Likes

Didn’t the Type 89 got a new hull at some point, which eliminated the gun ports?

1 Like

It is still under testing and has not been adopted.

3 Likes

I have a question, where did the info come from that the AAM-3 is mach 2.5? I had a friend ask me about the missile’s maximum speed which is indicated as mach 3.5 on the The Market for Air-to-Air Missiles by Forecast International (2010), and I wanted to double check this information on available Japanese sources but I’m drawing blanks with the only sources being third-party blogs with no actual sources released by the JSDF.

Screencap from the pdf in question:

If anyone could prove or disprove this, it would be great.

1 Like

I know how to get the missing mach.

AAM-3-kun~ GANBATTE!!

1 Like

168162-1143c025cb80a04860afd72a6012c7d1

Japanese Sabre using MA-3 rockets? Look like fuel tanks but those are MA-3 with caps still on it.

2 Likes

While the F-4EJ Kai can use AAM-3, I feel like it would be too much of a buff and I think it would result in the F-4EJ Kai being moved up to an unjust BR just because of the missiles it has and not because the plane is fit to be there. So maybe what might be better is a separate F-4EJ Kai/L (Late) version with AIM-9M, AIM-7M, and AAM-3, because at least to me the current EJ Kai fits pretty well in the battle rating and setting it is in.

1 Like

the F-2 can use laser JDAM IIRC and has a TGP

1 Like

yeah GBU-54 pictrured on them and laid out for em

2 Likes

I wanted to make a suggestion for the Ki-98 but I have no clue what this is, does anyone know about it? The only Ho-201 I know is supposedly a 37mm.

2 Likes

Ki-201 would be nice…

It says Ho 201 30mm. I’d assume they mean 37, just rounded down to the nearest step of 10, since the Ho 201 was a 37mm as far as I can find.

rounding it down is just odd

Yep, the point for the GCS is just to have CAS in similar BRs to other nations. Sure, L-JDAM will be nice, but that is still likely BR 13+

Also the GCS-1 would actually be a Japanese weapon system, which I would very much like to see more of.

2 Likes

Yeah, you’re right, I was thinking about how little they get updated without realizing

sadly we got in my oppionon the weakest of the agressor camos in the crate :(

I’de love this but this plane has no performance numbers since it wasn’t built

Pretty sure I read somewhere the prototype was under construction when soviets invaded Manchuria, I’d have to check.

Pretty sad like seriously

1 Like

Personally i dont trust forecast they have been known to get wrong info in the past of other weapons that have more reliable information…that being said we also dont have a source that says its top speed though however i tend to believe M 2.5 is more realistic.