Japan's phantom multi-turret heavy tank Oi vehicle

The problem with said statement is authenticity. By no means do I believe Mai was right however I do not believe they were a fraud or faked documentation. Do also consider it has been over Anywhere for 12 years which is 4380 days to 7 years which is 2555 days. So a lot of misinformation has spread across these said duration. Aside from that you are off topic. Which you know the snail staff do not like.

4 Likes

Just to note the problem here - aiming with multi-turret tank guns at longer ranges is broken because guns are synced to the main gun through elevation angle, so you have to micromanage by switching operated gun - are you guys sure you want to switch between three turrets or would the two 47mm guns have joined aiming together in some way?

If you don’t get what I’m talking about, pick out any multi-turret tank that has different calibers on each of them, and try shooting both of the guns at the target that is at reasonable distance like 500-700 meters and see that different caliber rounds will hit differently. Things like M3 Lee/Grant, SMK, T-35, B1 Bis/Ter will have this issue. If you want to see this overexposed even more, try setting sight distance control on Sturmtiger to 300 meters and see where the MG will try to shoot.

2 Likes

Im pretty shure, people made even Videos showing that. But i dont care enove.

1 Like

Even a video can have biases and misinformation inside of it. You never know.

1 Like

I’m not sure how we could see it in game. It didn’t have a real turret and even without it, it still managed to destroy half of it suspension and had to be dragged out by 5 I-Go’s

1 Like

“Dreams Do Come True” event reward. Simple as really. Both vehicles added through those events are unhistorical for gameplay purposes. Model it according to the schematics and be done with it.

2 Likes

It would fit in such event. Problem is this thing wouldn’t be able to move on its own. The weight wouldn’t allow it to do anything.

1 Like

And the Sturmtiger couldn’t be loaded in 60 seconds. Let’s also not forget that the E-100 is in the same boat since it has an incorrect turret that would crush the suspension. Of course, the E-100 hasn’t been available in a while but it’s still comparable.

5 Likes

What performance would it have then?

1 Like

That’s up to Gaijin. I would personally just use the numbers listed here, or slightly lower than the aforementioned, for speed.

1 Like

Whatever

1 Like

A fascinating tank for sure, if it could be faithfully represented then I’m OK with it.

6 Likes

Maybe they are fake and maybe not. The tank didnt have turret so how can we really know for sure? Also I read that the O-I was supsed to also carry same gun as Ho-Ri or 150 mm howitzer so that would fit the O-Ni in wot more than the O-I up here. Or we can just have two tanks.

1 Like

There are just so many versions and all called O-I basically

yes, but these are fake designs. the blueprints show the turret we know of, there is absolutely nothing other than fake rumours of 100t and 120t heavy tanks, etc. that the drawings and models you linked are based on. even the WoT forum says so:

O-Ni - Global wiki. Wargaming.net
The “O-Ni” is based on misconceptions of the O-I super-heavy tank. Post-war speculations about the mysterious O-I resulted in that it was commonly accepted that there were at least two variants of the tank:

• 100 ton O-I, 3 turrets, built in 1941-1943 (known in-game as “O-Ni”)
  • 120 ton O-I, 4 turrets, built in 1944 and shipped to Manchuria. (known in-game as “O-Ho”)

The 100 ton O-I supposedly mounted a 105 mm gun on it’s main turret and have mini-turrets on front.

However, with more information now available to the public, it is known that all of this is false, and that there is only one version of the O-I - the ~ 150 ton O-I with a 15 cm howitzer (with the prototype being “only” 97 tons, as it lacked turrets, main armament and additional 75 mm armor plates).

The design of the 100 ton O-I is based on a very early sketch of the O-I. The speculations in return are based on an inaccurate description of the O-I. The weight for example comes from the incomplete prototype, which was just below 100 tons. The 100 ton O-I was said to have between 150 - 175 mm of armor and a 105 mm gun (which is likely results of mistranslation or -spelling of the 150 mm gun).

No. The O-I was only planned to have the 150mm howitzer. The Ho-Ri’s 105mm was for the Ho-Ri only.

7 Likes

Alright

1 Like

Just set different binds. So that each gun fires independently

4 Likes

That is still micro-management and it doesn’t show you at what range your other gun is set. So you’ve set your main gun sights that you’re looking through at 600m and your secondary gun is actually set to something like 1050m because of that. I do have bindings for switching between guns, but still it’s stupid and unrealistic, but so far I couldn’t submit this as a bug because there’s no paperwork stating the obvious that the guns are not synced by angle.

1 Like

Just rangefind.

1 Like

So did it actually exist in some way?

Also, is this picture real, or some fake?
266px-Type_4_and_5_turret_bunker_mode

1 Like