J10A has Unreasonably high air resistance

That could lead to worse drag effects depending on thrust.

I will agree that was pretty rude of me. But end of the day Spade=Spade.

There are 3 different threads in the Gen Discussion Dev Server topic. All of which are saying the same thing. I asked them all the same question. All just gave the answer it 4th gen so has to be better. There is nothing in that to be able to submit a bug report to fix.

I will give @willywel some credit he is one of the more sane people making these threads and didn’t deserve that statement. Unlike others making the same remarks but are saying Gaijin is racist for their current FM and saying Gaijin should nerf the US TT if they don’t change the FM for “fairness”.

I understand the reason why providing data is hard. Doesn’t change any facts of what is needed to fix said issue.

1 Like

It’s, very possible…

probably because that shit is classified, and if someone did 3d model the J-10 and use ansys or similar software to calculate the drag coefficient, gaijin would likely reject it as evidence because it would not be primary source documentation. This is a failure of Gaijin to adapt their burden of proof standards for modern vehicles, because unlike wwii and cold war machines which are fully declassified and extensively documented in places civilians can access, modern equipment would need you to commit several felonies to provide anything that meets the same standard of evidence.

The best way to go about it is do something similar to what Amino is trying to do. Take a similar platform and adjust the numbers to match the weight and power of the J-10A

still not going to count as evidence though, so its a wasted effort imo. Our best bet is someone from the chinese community who can find some pakistani or chinese testing data or even some chinese research papers looking at the aerodynamics of the J-10.

That would be the most ideal.

It still better then previous comments where the argument is “it’s a Gen4 aircraft”

We did quote National Standard of test flight requirements, which explains that low air test flight mentioned in the source Gaijin released aims to test the disintergration speed at low altitude. But yeah, the issue was rejected for “containing classified source”.

Edit:
The same kind of test flight was also conducted on Su-27 and F-22, both crashed.

Well that is questionable when checking. The only crash of the YF-22 was a touch and go landing. Other F-22 crashes was an weapons integration test and another test where it crashed as testing external fuel tanks.

So this leaves me curious where the F-22 crashed doing this disintegration test?

I feel like those are classified, too. I could only find papers of air tunnel simulation of the J-10A model. Here is the link if you want to read it. I used the lift coefficient from here to find the drag coefficient. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/350715567_Vortex_Dynamics_Study_and_Flow_Visualization_on_Aircraft_Model_with_Different_Canard_Configurations

This one only seems to deal with lift in high AOA maneuvers.