J-7E should have get PL-8

I don’t have the J-7E but the J-7D suffers the same. Radar also useless since there is no IFF so for both aircraft you also can’t really play sim.
Honestly gave up hoping for them to fix the aircraft and now that we are getting rank 8 premiums I’m just waiting for a proper rank 8 premium to play China. It’s why I got the J-7D. The only premium I regret buying.
I know it doesn’t apply to the J-7E so I’m keeping the conversation alive in the hopes Gaijin give that some kind of all aspects.

It should have PL8s, which will make them marginally better, but with AIM54s flying around in my first matches, I don’t really see what difference it will make.

2 Likes

It’d be a much better improvement. It’s an IR slinger and can’t expect it to get counters to weapons it never had. That it only get’s rear aspect missiles means it can’t properly fight even if it gets through the hail of BVR weapons which is just ridiculous so I don’t play it.

1 Like

I have to crawl on the floor so that it can get into range. I did manage two kills onto a mirage and a F14, which I am pretty proud of, PL5B kinda ignored their flares.

1 Like

at least with the new BR changes. it stays at 11.0 while every other jet moves up

If y’all want an improved missile on the J-7E we should first show Gaijin that the PL-5B is overperforming and incorrect. This is the “real” PL-5B, it lacks the double delta canard and should not be 30G. Motor performance is probably fine, but the 3D model and maneuvering characteristics are incorrect.

It would easily be replaced with PL-5C or PL-8.

1 Like

IMG_2826
IMG_2827
Visually it’s an AIM-9D equivalent, the current model is also pretty basic, lacking the metal ring around the seeker like an inert version

1 Like