It's time for Gaijin to finally fix the Challenger 2 instead of carrying all it's issues over into each new tank

But prior to Challenger 2 “Chobham armour” seems to have been used as pretty much a catch all term for UK composite armour.

So people shouldn’t be told that when they see chobham it automatically means it’s to do with Challenger 2.

1 Like

Well, the Dorchester is the all around for the Cr2, but when we are talking about Cr2 Chobham refers to internal armor.

1 Like

Not sure if this helps but these are two pages relating to Dorchester stuff from the Haynes manual.

Spoiler

1 Like

Ok, so the internal armor is Dorchester 1. Chobham is easier to use >:(. Now how do we shorten dorchster. Dr? Dorch? Or i will just use DL1 for the internal armor starting today

Dorchester for internal hull and Dorchester OAP for external?

Maybe the issue I posted can be kept the way it is then because I’m pretty sure the Burlington in the report I shared was to do with external additional armour.

No Dorchester Level 1 internal, Dorchester Level 2 External, Dorchester 1/ DL1 and Dorchester 2/DL2 for short

DL2 seems to be what was used on the CR1 and the DL2i is used on the CR2.

I wonder if the DL2 was on the CR2 or if they went straight to the DL2i for the CR2.

At the very least it seems like the ERA was only on the glacis.

No, the DL2 is what is used on Cr2 for sure, the armor packages are DL2E-I 100%. Cr1 used Chobham, and Chieftain Burlington i guess.

Burlington was the external armour so the predessesor to DL2 I guess.

I don’t have the book for the CR1 so I’m not sure what the external armour would’ve been called but I assume it was the Chobham armour.

The predecessor to the DL2 is probably chobham, Cr1 external armor was called VARMA. I have no idea what VARMA was made from

1 Like