It's Time: Fix The Walker Bulldog

When they released the T-44, devs nerfed Walker’s acceleration, and top speed into the dirt. I have used this tank since it came out, and I must say - putting it at 6.0 as it is, is a crime.
Either, drop its BR to 5-5.3 range, or restore its actual drive capabilities. Gaijin has already released a plethora of tanks that perform similarly (and better) to the listed specifications on the bulldog. There is no reason to continue singling this tank out for a shadow nerf. It has crap armor, an above average gun, and a turret height that would make a regular medium blush. The speed factor was the ONE thing that the Walker had going for it.

There is a long history of Reddit threads about this specifically, and the consensus seems to be similar to what I have suggested above.

Note:

• Through extensive testing, I managed to get the speed up to 63kmh ONE time, while its listed top speed is ‘72kmh.’ This was achieved by a 1/4 map distance traveled, terminating in driving down a hill on a road.
  • The M41A4 is rated at 5.3 in the Chinese tech tree’s premium section.
2 Likes

That one also has no APDS… So that’s why it’s lower BR

1 Like

what are you complaining about? the us m41a1 is 6.3

When they released the T-44, devs nerfed Walker’s acceleration, and top speed into the dirt. I have used this tank since it came out, and I must say - putting it at 6.0 as it is, is a crime.

What are you on about? T-44 was added in 1.41. CBT of Ground force. US tanks were not even in the game at that point. And like was already said Chinese Bulldog doesn’t have access to APDS. I would also argue that speed was never really main thing of M41, but the APDS that made dealing with Panthers and IS series really easy. Also fact that you could use it as an AA.

1 Like

Fair enough on that part.

And it accelerates like molasses running uphill, for no reason whatsoever.

I’m surprised you didn’t mention the turret traverse issue at all

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/LtAEWcdCylxD

The devs are sticking with a source they don’t understand properly, so it will likely remain 24 degrees/second until they realize that “maximum time” means the slowest possible traverse, not the fastest.

1 Like

yea that’s normal in realistic

What are you complaining about? The German version is at 6.7

yall got one that actually looks alright at least, the us one for me at least has really fu**ed up texturing rn
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/1G9h2xmQuUqq

edit this is what the m41 looks like now (from another players bug report)

if you look closely in this image you can see random grooves and stuff all over the place

Thats because it has HEATFS. At that point its pretty much the AMX-13 equivalent.

76mm heatfs?

Nothing is equivalent to a light tank with autoloader at 6.7

You obivously don’t have much experience with it. A light tank with -6 gun depression isn’t much different than a medium.

PS, Aced the M41 has a 5.9s reload vs 5s. Even at just expert is a 6.25s vs 5s. For 4 more degrees of gun depression and a top .50 i’d call that a deal.

AMX-13 uses 75mm HEAT also. Again, i swear people don’t even understand the tanks that are be compared.

The only AMX-13 with HEAT rounds is the 7.7 AMX-13-90 which uses 90mm HEAT-FS rounds. The 6.7 AMX-13 with the 75mm only has AP rounds with around 190-200mm of flat pen.

You know, its been so long since i went thorough the awful french mid-teir tanks i had forgotten WT hasn’t added that into the game. The SAU 40 and SAU 50 both had HEAT rounds developed for them but for some reason WT doesn’t have them.

It’s fine where it is considering the BR the M18 is at.

AMX-13 use HEAT? HE is not HEAT maybe you have this kind of “not enough experience” moment