ItPsV Leopard

idk I think using AI is better than wikipedia page footnotes of books you don’t read

2 Likes

Id rather use Wikipedia than spend $100 to read some dumbfuck 70 year olds book that is full of Bias out the ass.

Atleast Wikipedia is fairly well Moderated, and central leaning.

When I clicked on a source from Wikipedia, not related to the Chieftain, it led to a Thai shopping website that was full of viruses and other shite. Only the locked pages are moderated well enough.

1 Like

I hate the growing sentiment among people that teachers were wrong to tell students not to use Wikipedia; it’s a genuinely bad source

5 Likes

I have used it time, and time, and time again, and its never been wrong. So

HELL i trust alot more than books these days, because alot of books are just the same regurgitated information that has never been properly verified.

Prime Example being the Main gun of the TOG-II.

BOOK ATFER BOOK says its a 17 pounder, when it just isn’t.

And wikipedia isn’t? The two books you cited as “counter-sources” aren’t even cited anywhere in the variants tab of wikipedia. Unless the uncited variants tab of wikipedia is more correct than actual MoD documents, of course.

2 Likes

Did you go to reddit to complain?

11 Likes

Friend of mine did, I’m banned from R/Warthunder for trying to start a movement against Gaijin’s Predatory business practices in like 2022… Specifically About how they made Premiums and premium time basically needed to play, due to the horrid economy at the time, LUCKILLY that got fixed.

This is my Reddit account, I just vibe to Fish peoples and Trains. https://www.reddit.com/user/HeavyTanker1945/

The PGZ09 Ahead ammo has no tracers and that’s not balanced at all.

At least with other SPAAs the rounds have tracers so you can dodge them, this thing just shotguns you out of the sky from no where.

Add tracers.

1 Like

Spawns Gepard
smirk-emoji (2)

1 Like

Aight, I guess its time I pop in here again.

Honestly this can both be a benefit and a detriment- even with radar, tracers help you to aim. Add onto that its ahistorical to add tracers and imo its fine, CAS needs cutting down a notch anyways.

As for the geppy clones and all being good vs tanks, there is already a solution that I believe you suggested- dynamic spawn costs based on ammunition taken. Add ~20 or so for DM13 belt, ~15 or so for default, none for HE-only belt, and another ~20 or so for DM23.

Also ngl I think the issues with the vamp are more of compression and the vamp being overtiered lmao

In this case I’d argue it doesn’t matter. Every other SPAA in the game has tracers. In theory WWII era 50cal SPAAs could load stealth belts but they don’t because its not balanced. At the BR of the PGZ09 SPAAs with tracers still get plenty of kills. For the sake of consistency and balance it should have tracers, especially with rounds that basically proxy kill.

So because you don’t like planes you think unbalanced SPAA without tracers is fine?

It doesn’t need help aiming when it has shotgun rounds.

Yes that was me and I’m glad you like the idea. As for the specific amounts I think that taking the full AP belts should make them cost the same as Tank Destroyers or Light Tanks.

Agreed, it should be closer to 7.7 or even 7.3 for GRB. They’ve established a split BR system for planes between ARB and GRB but at this point its completely under utilized. The Vamp at 8.0 makes sense for ARB, not for GRB.

Eh, moreso I would say just not implemented + they rely more heavily on tracers. We do have examples of non-tracer shells ingame though, on one of the Pz. 38s.

Tbh… this also almost seems like its a problem of it being undertiered- its 8.3 with AHEAD and radar, and the VEAK was ~8.7 w/radar, slower firing 40mm and no DM23, and the M247 is up at 9.0

Give it a bump up to 8.7 or 9.0 and itll be fine.

Main concern is then what if they have multiple belts like the gepard- and what about their default belts?

Tis complicated indeed, and I dont think taking DM23 + Full HE should have the same cost as full DM13 + DM23.

Edit: also the vamp is overtiered as hell in air too lol

1 Like

If you say so, I’ve never played it in ARB. I either suffer in a bomber or play the premium MiG for grinding.

EDIT: If the Vampire just sucks in general at least we can’t fault it for false advertising.

That might work. It’s just frustrating to get used to dodging SPAA tracers and then suddenly this thing shotguns you with no chance to dodge it or even see where on the ground it is.

We have a precedent for this already. Look at the secondary weapons for planes. For example the AD-4 Skyraider. The spawn cost is based on the most effective weapon. If you take 3 bombs it costs the same whether or not you then add rockets on top of it. The rockets are basically free.

1 Like

can I just add, at the same br as the gepard and all it’s clones, the sidam 25 sits
sidam 25 only has 15 rounds per gun on apds compared to all gepards standard 20 and said apds only has 82mm of pen compared to dm23 127mm which is of course followed by dm13 with 68mm of pen which has no limit on how much they can carry, sidam 25’s normal round is just HE
sidam 25 also has no search radar, and is on m113 hull (trash) compared to gepard leopard hull

here’s my idea, make it so that the gepards and whatever other anti-air (i feel more than 50mm of pen is a good benchmark for when an AA with AP deserves this treatment), first: separate the belts out into just AP and just HE, second: any type of AP has the same limits as current gepard APDS (20 rounds per gun), third: make the DM23 just an upgrade to DM13 (like a rank 3 mod when they get dm13 stock or something)

Apparently an even stronger rebuttal was needed:

https://ww.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/1fxs8zo/friend_of_mine_finally_found_a_image_of_a/lqqu13z/

8 Likes

Vampire is overtiered and not a CAS jet to begin with. I don’t know why this is being brought up

1 Like

There is one of the strongest CAS at 7.0, which isn’t even a CAS as it being labelled with “Fighter Jet”, the German Dorito can kill any tanks from the top with a single pass lol