ItPsV Leopard

I mean it shouldnt be shredding a t62 frontally either but.

1 Like

True but the Falcon has up to 110mm of pen so its more reasonable than something with almost half that.

1 Like

Not when im using stock belts it doesnt.

The spaghetti code that means a gepard (or most spaa) to rattle off astronomical amounts of rounds which even eventually one will.pen causing overpressure etc is ridiculous man.

There should be some mitigating balancing factor for it, none of these spaa are designed for tank hunter.

Yet i see more people now adays using exclusively for ground to ground and dont even shoot at the air.

No you’re supposed to learn to fly to counter the threat of air defense.

Ground, non radar guided SPAA are way less lethal than they should be. Look up how many planes we lost to ground fire in WW2-Vietnam.

As is, CAS has a significant edge because in most cases they can out range the SPAA balancing them out.

4 Likes

When I’m taking accurate harassing fire from 4k out and 3k up that’s an option, but at the end of the day I’m in a fighter with 2 completely unguided 1k bombs and no targeting computer. To have any chance of them being useful I have to approach a target in a manner that leaves me vulnerable to SPAA fire which would be fine if that was all it was but its not.

Once the SPAA gets Radar before the planes get guided munitions or at least a targeting computer thats not an option for anything except long range bombers with massive bombs and they can’t maneuver effectively to avoid the aforementioned harassing fire anyway.

My T-62M1 which is a direct upgrade to the T-62 in terms of protection, it has extra armor plates on the front and gets popped by Gepard all the time, usually they have to spray you for .5 seconds and you will find your barrel orange lol then next thing you get ammunition load explosion, usually you will find your turret crews gone one by one and wondering how the bullet get through

1 Like

Or it going clean through a challanger 1 turret after a little bit of persuasion

It’s not really hard to counter.

Last time I was using Pe-8 at 8.0+ game, half the time I was able to drop the 5 ton bomb so that was a pretty good number, one time I got shot down by Gepard in 7km

Yes, 7KM!

2 Likes

They’re a problem and something needs to be done about it.

Nords, Bullpups, and even Walleyes start showing up at 8.7 so the BRs really wouldn’t change that much. Oh and Helis with AGMs are at 8.3 as well.

2 Likes

So you saw the most skilled player in your match do well… that’s not a symptom of the vehicle, that’s skill disparity.

I’ve died to zero Marksmen as a tank, and the last time I died to a Gepard as a tank was prior to 2020.
Just as I died to zero R3T20 SPAAs even when they were 3.x in BR.
Ears, general awareness, and preparedness.

Which has an effective range of less than 2.5km, and maneuvering ruins the guidance.
SPAA is not and has never been OP in War Thunder.
Currently, SPAA at and below 10.7 are balanced, and if CAS players are complaining they haven’t learned how to CAS yet.

5 Likes

Dude… The most recent player to do it was a level 60 with a little over a thousand battles.

Its a no skill spam vehicle.

1 Like

Yes please!!!

7 Likes

Lmao

IMG_9800

11 Likes

Almost like the SPAA is there to make your life hard and protect the ground forces eh?

3 Likes

You’re just complaining for no reason. They aren’t going to artificially limit lock range for you. The Gepard is doing its job by preventing you from effectively doing CAS.

4 Likes