Italian Top tier air Obsolete?

Well, it not obsolete but it can do better. Since Italy does not have a fighter with a new missile I believe the F-16A ADF should receive the AIM-9L-1 To have a more competitive missile. This missile has already been in the game under a different name, The AIM-9L-1 is an AIM-9L with the seeker of the AIM-9M. And at one point the AIM-9M lacked it smokeless engine effectively being an AIM-9L-1.

• Yes, Add the AIM-9L-1 to The ITALIAN F-16A ADF
  • Yes, But Add the AIM-9L-1 to both the Italian and American F-16A ADF
  • No
0 voters

I do not think that the American’s need this but I am not against it as they have an f-16 capable of using AIM-9M

1 Like

Another option (and maybe the better option) would be to add another F-16 to the italian line, that could then recieve Aim-9L/i and AMRAAM in the future whilst leaving Italy with a perfectly “capable” 12.0. So in future you’d go Tornado ADV > F-16 ADF (with 9Ls + 7Ms) > F-16 ADF (Late) (with 9L/I + AMRAAM)

Would avoid creating an unncessary gap

2 Likes

I do not Believe Italy use any other F-16’s as they were only rented while waiting for the Eurofighter.
I checked and this is correct.

1 Like

Yep, but could just be the same F-16 with an upgraded loadout. Though what Im expecting them to do is a Hungarian air tree or at least Hungarian additions. I think there is both another F-16 in there and a Gripen C.

Though does further reinforce the need for Typhoon ASAP

Aim-9L/I is definetly an option for the current F-16, though im always wary about buffing older stuff as stop gap (Britain was staddled with the FGR2 for 3 years with incremental “upgrades”) It sucks and just leaves voids and a messy TT. Though with Gripen A with equivalent at 12.0. Its certainly not a BR issue.

I do not think getting the same vehicle, but different loadout should ever be a thing. Would just be another way to increase the grind

1 Like

Its a minor nation what do you expect, balance?

Typhoon says hi.

oh look a main nation enjoyer

3 Likes

Personally I’m fine with it if it’s foldered so that you can skip it if you want to

Would just be a way to say we have 2 top tier fighters so they don’t have to give us anything more

My fear with Britain now we have the Gripen C…

So I definetly know what you mean.

yeah, I was surprised to get the AV-8 in Italy after we got 3 rank 8 jest in just a few updates. But there Arnt many options for Italy now until Eurofighter (in terms of fighter jets) I feel it’s either AIM-9L-1 or the Grippen C, for this patch. Although we might have to relly on Hungarian jets for new fighters.

Yeah, it was padding the tree, A “See, you’ve got 3 rank 8 aircraft, what do you want any more for” situation I reckon. Britain has been the same. We got literally the same 3 aircraft (not including the F-16)

Yes, Israel mains were crying about the gap with their 3 rank 8 Fighters while many other nations only had one and in Great Britain case 0 other than the tornado which hardly counts.

2 Likes

Yep, they really need to work on their priorities. Fine US and USSR get the most options, but no excuse for other nations getting nothing

True, but in a perfect world incremental improvement would be something cool, something like
F-16A (AIM-9J/L)
F-16A ADF (AIM-9J/L/M AIM-7F/M)
F-16C (AIM-9L/M AIM-7M/P)
but you could skip the second two F-16s if you wanted to.

Well Italy’s problem with the F-16 is, it never used AIM-9M just AIM-9L-1

I mean if it’s basically just AIM-9M then why not it would barely need a texture change

Did Italy operate AIM-9L/I-1? Assuming so, they can just be added to the Italian ADF variant, no need for additional F-16 types at Italy’s top tier, since there will then be the addition of multiple variants of the Typhoon/EF-2000 after the F-16 ADF. In actual Italian service, the F-16A was just a stopgap before the introduction of Eurofighters, so just that one model should suffice in the Italian tree before the EF-2000 variants

Yeah the AIM-9L/I-1 is very easy to implement into the game. Take an AIM-9L’s flight characteristics and conventional smokey motor, give it the 9M’s IRCCM, and there you go. Its a pretty inevitable inclusion too since there are multiple aircraft from the German tree to be added which employed this missile

Pics of the missile