It’s Fixed! №94

How about removing the roundel usage ristrictions?

Sim is the man reason, using the identification of another nation as far as I know is considered a war crime

It shouldn’t matter tbh. The game is in a way different state then it used to be.
The Dutch for example have more skins/camo’s outside the frensh tree then currently in it. For example a few in the british, german and us tree. There are 13 in total if i remember correct. Yet the roundels got locked to france. The Czech can place their roundel anywhere they want no matter the nation, ontop of that they have quite a few skins outside of the ussr aswell. For the german t72 for example. (T series copy spam is an isseu too in that matter i guess).
Or for another example the japanese G8N1 being able to fly in a full american skin, roundels included.
The German leo 2a4 and kv-1 having a full finnish camo, while finland is a swedish sub tree. The kfir having a US navy camo etc.
And why give some countries free use across the board and lock some to a country they have no history with.

Most of the time in sim you’re at distances where you can’t really see the decals unless you really look for them. Plus any form of roundel on a skin can be easely covered by a decal from another nation or by placing decorations all over your vehicles. And with the option to buy market place skins and unlock skins for a vehicle, which could also change the camouflage to a different country, i really don’t think the lock is nessesary anymore.

With the amount of copied vehicles across the nations, or just complete copy paste nations (with or without roundels) like the leo’s, the endless T series spam and a bunch of american models througout the game. I really don’t get why they are holding on to an old mechanic.

So i’d say if the sim players want it historical, either lock roundel usage for sim so they can try to see a roundel from a km away or maybe even lock decals for sim in general. That way they can’t cover up or hide their nation that easy. (There currently are roundels in the game that are locked to a specific vehicle, so it wouldn’t demand a new mechanic being made for it).

But imo because of all this the roundel restrictions no longer make sence in the current state of the game.

Hope you will fix the Simplified mode for the US F-4E because the jet continues to roll over and inverted when it shouldn’t while flying with mouse and keyboard.
It’s the only Phantom with this issue.

Also myself and other Air Sim players have noticed the countermeasure bug has returned. We pull Gs until we G-LOC and after the pilot recovers, we cannot dispense any countermeasures.

Might want to look into this.