Is it possible to be matched against someone 2 Brs higher than you

3 years old though…

Still happens.

lol sounds reportable then, but that would require actual evidence and showing of how the issue came to be.

Mixing nations could have something to play in this where the matchmaker may not have much choice.

I mean Pandra made the video and the dude works in Gaijin. I just hope his experience isn’t crummy.

Point being those saying it is 1BR max are flat out wrong.

Long story short: it’s not possible to face enemy 2.0 BR higher than your max BR.

https://wiki.warthunder.com/Matchmaker

If you meet someone like that in battle, it means that:

• You are in squad with someone, who got vehicle with higher BR than you.
  • You forced BR display (in tech tree in hangar)( for different game mode you play (for example, you forced AB BR being displayed when you are playing RB).
  • You are playing Game Mode (some event for example) that is not using BR for MM.

Max BR spread in battle for RB is 1.0 and AFAIK there are no exception from this.

If you still think that you faced battle like that, please provide LINK to proof, so we can check it.
Thanks!

Has the “average BR” in AB Air been altered?

I gained this from the Wiki regarding that specific mode which used to allow the possibility of a slighlty wider range in practice. Unless I understood this mechanic for AB incorrecty.

Edit: but of course even with that a 2 BR gap would not be possible if everything else was done correctly, but a difference of more than 1 is (was) possible.

AB Air is still Average (there is info on this in linked article) and different than in any other game mode.
Still, nothing even close to 2.0 difference mentioned in topic.

1 Like