Is it appropriate for T-80U to get some buff or replace it with T-80UE-1?

I found myself suffering from T-80U’s 1st-gen TVD and slow gun traverse rate recently.
Is it possible for gaijin to give T-80U a modification of T-80UE-1? It includes new 2nd-gen TVD and a new turret model with the same protection level.

if it goes up 0.3 in br it would be ok

T-80UE-1 is a totally different tank to T-80U.
It’s a T-80UD turret on a T-80BV hull (the proper T-80BV hull like Object 292, not the T-80B with Kontakt we have in the tree)

But there is little difference in their performance against KE and CE ammunition, since the structure of the turret and UFP of the 2 vehicles are similiar with each other’s.

It won’t go up to 11.7 at least for now. Its flexibility and firepower can’t meet the standards of a 11.7 vehicle. But if the BR get stretched to 12.0, the T-80UE-1 would be a nice vehicle in the new 11.7 BR.

LMAO

Better as a separate vehicle.

1 Like

Isn’t the T80UD quite literally just a T80U with a Diesel engine and different transmission?

Bro the T80BV and T80U/UK are like the only Russian tanks that have Gen 1 thermals I think the Shturm S also has Gen 1s? They don’t need a T80U with higher gen thermals it’s fine the way it is, suffer through Gen 1 for a bit it won’t be long before you have a BVM with Gen 2 or 3 (I can’t remember the exact). Though later on they could add it as a separate tank maybe? Be glad they didn’t give the T80U it’s actually thermal quality (it’s way way worse then it is in game)

The U we have should be made into a UM and the normal U have it’s thermals, 3BM46 removed amd go down to 10.7 or 10.3.

T-80UD’s got a some differences on the turret around the commander’s cupola owing to the fact it’s got a remotely-operated MG mounted on it, and also a slightly different arrangement for the ERA on the roof. The MG on the T-80U is manually operated and mounts on various pintles located around the turret roof (can be both the commander’s side and the gunner’s side), rather than being mounted on the cupola itself.
Post-Soviet export versions of T-80UD (such as Pakistan’s T-80UD), also had an angular shaped, welded turret similar to T-90A

T-80UE-1 would add better thermals, better round, and 40° horizontal targetting speed, so it would make it top tier worth tank.

You should learn to work around the slow turret traverse. As for the thermals at least they are better than no thermals and imo don’t hold the vehicle back too much.

1 Like

It doesn’t hold the vehicle back much just like the Gen 1 on the M1A2 don’t hold it back to much. It’s just more Russian mains complaining thinking they should get the best of the best (they literally have more Gen 2 and 3 thermals then anyone else in the game right now) because “ahhhhh the turret traverse is bad and thermals are bad” (irl T80U thermals were way way way worse then they are in game)

2 Likes