Is china a good nation?

yay i got su

1 Like

Good job. You can’t go wrong playing China - the best nation in the game.

1 Like

oh nose

In game?

I mean, I don’t think I’ve ever died to anyone playing China other than the PL-02 and other wheeled apfsds slingers and CAS possibly.

China is decently fun.

China is great and has many more vehicles that can be added to flesh out the tree.

Their top tier is limited to 3 MBT / SPAA / CAS but at least they can achieve that now.

Their low / mid tier is just US / Russia split. Their later mid tier early high tier is Russian vehicles with Chinese characteristics.

Their high tier is a mix of Russian ERA / NATO MBTs and their newest MBT has hard kill APS. Overall very fun and a nice way to get the Russian experience without having to play through boring Russia.

1 Like

yes

I got a taste of russian bias

At 9.0 you got a nice huge Line Up for China with some nice variety.

ZTZ 88 A/B as MBT, can take 59D1 with you as well.
PTL02 as wheeled SPG (WMA301 Premium exists as well)
AFT09 wheeled ATGM Launcher
PTZ89 nice Tank Destroyer, basically chinese Object 120
PGZ09 Chinese Gepard for Anti Air
CM25 TOW Missile Vehicle
M60A3 TTS a RoC Light Tank/MBT (?)

Yeah, there’s not much there but I suppose it’ll hold up.

I mean - America is just 10 different Abrams variants.
France is just the LeClerc at top tier. In fact - most nations only have 1 MBT with variants. China is 4 MBTs. (VT-4, 99A, M1A2T, WZ1001) with 2 variants of the VT-4 (VT-4 and VT-4A1) and 2 variants of the 99A (99A, 99A2).

Which ends up at 6 top tier MBTs. More than you’ll ever need since you can rarely spawn more than 6 times in general.

Yes. China is an incredibly good tree. It has a mix of the best American and Soviet vehicles, and out of every tree ingame, it has the most room for expansion by far. It’s also super fun already in its current form. I highly recommend it. If you’re a beginner, it’s my number 1 starter tree recommendation so you can get the experience of American and Soviet stuff together and figure out what you like.

I have to say, for top tier, Chinese MBTs’ experience isn’t good. All of these MBTs only have 7.1s reload and shell with 577 penetration, besides their armor isn’t good as T80BVM or Strv122. The most reason why I still play Chinese vehicle is JH7A, which is an incredible CAS aircraft.

No, China’s performance in the game is very poor, with vehicles full of various problems and Russian biases, just like France and the UK

You can view my themes, these are only a part of them
Armor errors in VT4A1 in the game - Machinery of War Discussion / Ground Vehicle - War Thunder — official forum
Discussion on ZTZ99A model errors in game - Machinery of War Discussion / Ground Vehicle - War Thunder — official forum

2 Likes

And Chinese top tier doesn’t have a good ifv or light tank.
ZLT11 was a little buffed but is still nor suitable for top tier. The gun depression and reverse speed are annoying.
ZBD04A have the chance if gaijin give it 600 hp engine and 750mm penetration ATGM.
Someone wound take AFT09 (a missile TD) to top tier which has a 1200mm penetration missile. Its performance may be great if you can tolerate its horizontal speed (less than 15°/s).

1 Like

made to be absolute garbage in game by the developers, with enjoyers of the tree desperately trying to bring positive changes without much success in sight (supported by adequate evidences ofc), I recommend you to consider another nation, or be ready to face off with everything knowing your own vehicle is realistically 0.3-0.7 br lower than what it was designated.

2 Likes

🤣🤣🤣

The secrut to WT is: play them all.

At top tier China is not great. The rest of the tree is fantastic though.