Iranian Grounds Force Tech Tree

based Iranian Grounds Force Tech Tree

19 Likes

I really wanna see how gajin is gonna balance this one. you have my vote 1+

13 Likes

Now this is just suspicious.

5 Likes

can’t wait to see iranian tech tree also you did a great job with tech tree ,nice work buddy +1

12 Likes

It looks quite nice, in this form too. Also appreciate how you split Zulfiqars. I got few question regarding future of your project, do you plan to add more Chieftains ? Like in/ex-service ones such as Chieftain Mk.3/3P, Mk.5/5P and FV4030/1 as well as funded ones such as Shir 1 & 2 & 3 ?

Also do you really think Makran deserves such high BR ? It sounds more like 8.7 - 9.0 vehicle to me. Anyways, still a very well-rounded suggestion

20 Likes

To be honest, I’m not quite sure about the Shir tanks, as I can’t really find any solid info about it aside from some footnotes mentioning that it was an earlier modernization of the Chieftain project before the Mobarez. Plus identifying these Chieftain variants from each other was quite tricky, as they looks very similar to one another. So, unless some of these Chieftain variants were not reduandant with the ones I’ve already included, I have no plans to add them into the proposed tree.

About the Makran, I’ve decided to give it a relatively high BR based on my assumption that it will be compartible with the newest Iranian ATGM, since there’s no information about the exact model of an ATGM the Makran can be equipped with. Essentially it’s subject to chance if more information about it came to light.

As a side note, among other things that were revealed during the 2023 Defense Industry Week expo were the newer variant of the Almas ATGM, a derivative of the Spike ATGM fire-and-forgot missile. Specifically the Almas 2 and 3. The Almas 3 in particular can be equipped with either thermobaric or anti-tank warhead and has an extended range of 10 km.

So far, the Almas missile can be seen equipped on Iranian drones, helicopters or a single ground launcher, though I assumed that the missile can also be equipped on vehicle as well. Given that this missile was successfully tested on Panha helicopters and Mohajer drones, it would definitely give Iran some serious CAS capabilities.

Source about the new Almas ATGM:

Spoiler

آشنایی با چند دستاورد جدید دفاعی/ بمب آرمان و موشک پرسه زن سینا هم عملیاتی شد - تسنیم

10 Likes

Well, I assumed that someone have spotted my suggestion and decided to give it a “boost”. Though some were definitely quite over the edge, to be honest. So I will leave that to the moderators to handle the matter.

As a clarification. I wanted to stay politically neutral about my proposal and would not bring up geo-political matters into my discussion, as I already said before in the old forum that my main goal of the proposal is to highlight and showcase the exotic military equipments of Iran, and not how they were used. Since every vehicles in War Thunder were designed to kill, that some of them were used in current conflicts, and that War Thunder have featured plothera of vehicles used by certain political group/nation with “questionable” policies and practices, and the game specifically focused on the military hardware itself, and not those who were using it.

I appreciate the support and critique for the proposal, but I don’t think we should bring up off-topic matters to the table, as I wanted to specifically focus my discussion on the military hardware.

2 Likes

Almost none of the equipment has seen combat, and those that have seen are from the Iran-Iraq war or just the original manufacturer’s product.
Even if this TT was considered, the lack of information and data on the equipment, performance, and usability of them would come into play. 🤷‍♂️

12 Likes

Ardeshir i hope you keep your personal feelings outside of this subject, im simply not agree with what you say.

5 Likes

I’d almost have trouble blaming them, considering how well made this suggestion is xd.

I take it the latter point is more geared towards EdgarEvil_IRANs statement?

2 Likes

Couldn’t one say the same about practically all the domestic Chinese equipment in the game?
Especially considering the guesstimates that Gaijin goes through with some of the more modern equipment I don’t think a lack of information and data is too much of an issue.
Gaijin added the Ostwind II on the basis of a small paragraph.

3 Likes

There at least is some documentation and manufacturer manual on Chinese vehicles.
This is just my personal opinion, I don’t like to see non-tested, non-documented, and lack of any unique vehicle in the game, the same way I don’t like the Chinese TT between mid to top-tier.

There are some unique and real vehicles in the Chinese TT, but what about Iran’s TT? Even the image one of the folks posted above just shows the lack of anything real or unique. Just assembling a few random and unknown pieces of equipment on top of each other doesn’t make a proper addition to the game, does it? 😁
There is Crossout for this, you know ))

I would honestly love to see some vehicles purely as event prizes, a standalone TT is (IMO) pretty much worthless.

This is a suggestion where people share their personal feelings 🤷‍♂️
As long as something doesn’t break the Forum Rules, it’s fine to share them.

Cheers 🫡

4 Likes

Most of these military vehicles were used in the Iran-Iraq war.
Remarkable for people who don’t know that the Iran-Iraq war lasted 8 years.
Other new vehicles have also been used during the world war against ISIS and terrorists.
Iran has a number of weapons related to World War I and II that are not in this tree.
But regardless of any political orientation, Iran has many military vehicles that can complete a large tree.
Air/Tank/Navy/Helicopter.
While we currently have countries in the game that barely have 100 vehicles in their tree.

9 Likes

Denial of reality cannot make it disappear.
You only have to watch the video of Iran’s military maneuvers to understand the use of these vehicles.
Without being disrespectful, your comment is clearly ignorant.

7 Likes

Iran indeed possesses a formidable military power, including a significant number of tanks. While it’s true that some of the equipment may have historical ties to the Iran-Iraq war, it’s important to note that military capabilities evolve over time. Iran has invested in modernizing its armed forces and enhancing its defense capabilities.

1. Iran-Iraq War (1980-1988): This was a major conflict between Iran and Iraq, during which Iran relied on a variety of military equipment, including tanks, to defend its sovereignty. The war saw significant combat involving both nations’ armed forces.
  2. Persian Gulf War (1990-1991): While not directly involving Iran, this war had a significant impact on the region. Iran’s military posture and strategies during this time reflected its regional interests and security concerns.
  3. Afghanistan Conflict (2001-present): Iran has had military engagements along its border with Afghanistan, aiming to manage potential security challenges stemming from the ongoing conflict and ensure stability in the region.
  4. Support for Allies: Iran has supported various allied groups in the region, such as Hezbollah in Lebanon and various factions in Iraq, which has involved military assistance and coordination.
7 Likes

the shapes looks weird but they are 100% functional and real ofc i saw many shooting range with this vehicles even irl, so when you are lack of knowledge of something that dosent mean its not real.

8 Likes

While I can see where you are coming from, I do disagree.
I think it would be a disservice to say that there is a lack of unique stuff. Things like the Sabalan, Tiam and Zulfiqar are very interesting tanks in my opinion and very much illustrates Irans history in quite a unique way.
Aghareb, Karrar and Makran I also find to be very interesting vehicles.
Iran wouldn’t even be the worst when it comes to the aviation side of things, though certainly not the best either, so I won’t make a big deal out of that.

I don’t think that war experience doesn’t matter much for War Thunder either, considering Sweden is in the game with quite a bunch of unproven vehicles and prototypes of its own.

6 Likes

No-one here said that anything is fake, just that a lack of information is unattractive.

3 Likes

Tanks:

1. Chieftain: Iran utilized British-made Chieftain tanks during the Iran-Iraq War. These tanks played a significant role in various battles and engagements during the conflict.
  2. T-72: Iran employed Soviet T-72 tanks, which were acquired from various sources, including captured Iraqi tanks and purchases from other countries. T-72s were used extensively during the Iran-Iraq War.
  3. M47 and M60 Patton: These American-made tanks were part of Iran’s armored forces during the Iran-Iraq War. They were used in combat operations against Iraqi forces.
  4. Zulfiqar: Iran developed its indigenous main battle tank, the Zulfiqar, during the Iran-Iraq War. It was designed to meet the specific needs of Iran’s military and saw action during the conflict.
  5. Safir-74: This domestically developed tank was used by Iran during the Iran-Iraq War. It showcased Iran’s ability to innovate and adapt its military equipment.
  6. T-55: Iran operated Soviet T-55 tanks, which were modernized and used in various capacities during the Iran-Iraq War.
  7. Type 59: Iran acquired Chinese-made Type 59 tanks, which were used in the Iran-Iraq War. These tanks were based on the Soviet T-54 design and provided Iran with additional armored capabilities.
  8. T-62: Iran operated Soviet T-62 tanks during the Iran-Iraq War, further diversifying its armored forces and contributing to ground operations.
  9. FV101 Scorpion: Iran used British-made FV101 Scorpion light tanks for reconnaissance and light combat roles, adding mobility to its armored units.
  10. Zulfiqar 3: An advanced iteration of the Zulfiqar tank series, the Zulfiqar 3 is a domestically designed and manufactured main battle tank. It features improved armor protection, enhanced firepower, and modern electronics systems.
  11. Saber-1: A modern Iranian tank design, the Saber-1 is equipped with advanced technologies such as laser rangefinders, thermal sights, and composite armor. It’s intended to be highly mobile and effective in modern battlefield environments.
  12. Karrar: Also known as “Striker,” the Karrar is an Iranian-made tank that’s been showcased as one of the most advanced indigenous tank designs. It’s designed with modular composite armor and advanced targeting systems.
  13. Raad: The Raad tank is another domestically developed Iranian tank. It’s characterized by its distinctive design and has been developed for urban combat scenarios.
  14. Tosan: The Tosan tank is a lighter tank designed for reconnaissance and light combat roles. It emphasizes mobility and agility, making it suitable for various operational environments.

Planes:

1. F-14 Tomcat: Iran operated the F-14 Tomcat fighter jet before and during the Iran-Iraq War. The Iranian Air Force employed these aircraft to defend against various aerial threats.
  2. MiG-29: Iran acquired Soviet MiG-29 fighter jets, which provided the Iranian Air Force with a capable multi-role platform during times of conflict.
  3. F-4 Phantom II: Iran operated the F-4 Phantom II, an American-made fighter jet, during the Iran-Iraq War. These aircraft were used in both air-to-air and ground attack roles.
  4. F-5 Tiger II: Iran operated American-made F-5 fighter jets, which were used for air defense and ground attack missions during the Iran-Iraq War and beyond.
  5. Mirage F1: Iran acquired French-made Mirage F1 fighter jets, which added to its air force’s versatility and capabilities.
  6. J-7 (MiG-21 Copy): Iran produced a domestically developed version of the Chinese J-7 fighter jet, a copy of the Soviet MiG-21. This showcased Iran’s ability to modify and adapt foreign designs.
  7. HESA Azarakhsh: Iran developed the Azarakhsh fighter jet as part of its efforts to enhance its domestic aviation industry. It reflects Iran’s commitment to self-reliance in defense technology.
  8. Saeqeh: Iran designed and produced the Saeqeh fighter jet, which is a domestically developed aircraft influenced by the American F-5. It represents Iran’s efforts to enhance its aviation industry.
  9. Su-24: Iran has operated Russian-made Su-24 strike aircraft, which were used for ground attack missions during the Iran-Iraq War and beyond.
  10. HESA Kowsar: Iran unveiled the Kowsar, a domestically developed fighter jet, showcasing its advancements in aviation technology and manufacturing capabilities.
9 Likes

bro imagine the Aghareb Tank in the game xDDD

5 Likes