Incorret reload time for IS-3

Reload rates on most tanks are not accurate. This is what they call a soft stat they adjust for balance reason. They don’t care about real reload speeds. If they did for example almost every British gun pre ww2 and some after would be about 4 seconds eg 6pdr, 17pdr and 20pdr tanks

You are presenting the case as if the only way to engage a armorued target is head on. The IS-3 while having decent mobility has slow turret traverse and quite a whobbily gun while moving. Approach it from the side, with a little panic control and skill you can clean it out with a single shot to the lower side plate.

2 Likes

The lower side plate is also very thin, and the gun is also easy to knock out.

I rarely have issues with it. It has an incredibly long reload, and poor penetration, making it possible to block a hit and then kill it.

yeah its hardly as big of a deal as some make it out to be, atleast at its current br

A long time ago (3-5 yrs??) Gaijin explicitly stated that reloading times are a balancing mechanism, and not intended to be “historically accurate”.

It’d be in the old forum if you want to take time to find it.

Yeah another guy already was so kind as to show where technical moderators clarified this, but thanks anyways.

1 Like

all guns, even autoloaders

Try telling that to a T34 and M26 that couldn’t pen me in an IS-3 on side shots even at point-blank the last time I played it. It is damn near completely immune to all shell types that aren’t APDS or HEATFS.

Even if you’re shooting below the armor at the road wheels to pen through those into the hull it’s a massive dice roll.

No, I’m not. You simply refuse to acknowledge my argument’s factual merits because they spit in the face of your argument. Which is your problem, not mine.

Luckily for you, Gaijin will continue to keep the IS-3 undertiered so take comfort in that.

I mean that is skill issue. Think its kinda rediculous that a tank like the IS-3, as you suggests, should move up just because its not a point and click kill - unless people get some skill, that is

1 Like

Yet worse HTs like the M103, Caernavon and Maus are all higher BR than it with worse armor, mobility and for the Maus - gun handling.

If they can suffer at 7.7 until we get decompression, so can the IS-3 and still perform.

Actually it’s not a problem at all. Because why should I care?

You believe whatever you want, and I do so as well.

You should hear yourself. I can say the same thing so you should come up with something better than: “I’m right and you simply chose not to care about what I said.”

The IS-3 is an factual bad tank and effective armor doesn’t change that.

The opposite is the case for the IS-6 because it’s a straight improvement over the IS-2 in terms of mobility, RoF and armor, while the IS-3 only gains armor while losing mobility and turret traverse speed.
So in the end the IS-3 doesn’t really improve anything, it just mixes stats around, more survivability for less firepower.

Which is like the same deal why the Jagdtiger isn’t better in any way compared to the Tiger II H.

Thats a whole other discussion and those threads already exists, I dispute however that the M103 and Caernarvon somehow are worse heavy tanks or even comparable to the IS-3. Both of those tanks have much better options when uptiered since they have either HEAT or Sabot with their own advangtages in a BR range where APHE-shells falls short. The Caernarvon is even stabilized, how can you suggest such a thing!? with a 8 second reload rate, bro what are you on about?

Yeah I thought you said something like this… Is that still your opinion, while discussing the matter at the moment?

1 Like

HEAT and APDS as they currently exist do not perform as effectively as they should, thus the M103 and Caernavon’s lethality - Especially the Caernavon because of how limited it is shell-wise, is extremely questionable. Not to mention those 2, and the Maus, regularly see 8.3-8.7 where early APFSDS completely nullifies any advantages their armor may give them.

Yet they still remain at 7.7, compressed to hell, serving as basically nothing but RP pinatas. There’s no good argument for why the IS-3 deserves to be exempt - It doesn’t. But hey, Gaijin’s just gonna Gaijin, right?

Why would I change my mind? Or are you trying to be roundabout in telling me to shut up and go away? If that’s the aim, then don’t be a coward about it; Be direct.

You can stay as long as you like i dont care, no need to be defense though. I just thought we would both be wasting our time, if we are not willing to come to a consensus on any matter when your stance is “the IS-3 can suffer along with them…”

1 Like

Defensive? No, I’m jut cutting to the chase. There’s no point to being defensive; I’m not intimidated by you or anyone else here, nor is there any merit to it. The reason I’ve replied despite my stance is simple courtesy - We may disagree fundamentally but there’s nothing wrong with hearing your piece until I have a reason not to.

Right so the other tanks you brought in turns out are not performing to their acutal capacity, similairly to the IS-3. And Yet despite having ammunition with much more cabable over that of the IS-3 esspecially in velocity (the HEAT and solid shot for the M103, and the both the sabot and solid shot of the Caernarvon) among other huge advantages as turret traverse, reload time and in the case for the Caernarvon two-plain-stab, you still think the IS-3 should be 7.7. Or to use your own quote:

If you were cutting to the chase why would you not just answer my question, wether the discussion between you and me is even relevant if you dont care whether the vehicle suffers

APHE rework could make the IS-3 and other Soviet tanks a lot stronger.
Actually it’s definately going to make them stronger, now that I think about it.

Not only will APHE rounds going through the turret of a T-34 no longer knock out the whole crew but penetrating the lower side hull of Soviet tanks is not going to be very effective anymore.

If that APHE rework ever gets implemented.

As it stands, the game is trapped in this strange “the game should be realistic but on the other hand who cares about realism state”.

If Gaijin changes APHE fragmentation, guns like the 122mm would hardly be affected as long as “overpressure” continues to be a thing.