Impossible to turn on Nvidia Reflex

Hello dear community. I tried to find a way by my own, but I didnt succeed to solve the issue alone. And after thinking YouTube or old forums could help me - in vain, I thought it might be better if I directly ask you for help !

What’s the matter ? Well, I really love War Thunder, and I always wanted to enjoy the best experience possible. That means best graphics settings and the lowest latency.

However, despite having a Omen 45L (HP computer) with a I7 13th generation as processor and a 4090 RTX graphic card, its just impossible to turn on Nvidia Reflex in War Thunder…

I tried to force it on Nvidia Panel and on Geforce experience, and by changing every setting in game, nothing worked.

Of course, I checked my drivers, and everything is updated.

Please, if someone could help me fix this issue I will be more than grateful!

Thanks in advance for your precious advices and the time you will give me in my misfortune ! :)

2 Likes

Yeah this was a bug in the Dev Server too. How it’s made it into the update is stupid.

It’s completely broken since we can’t turn it on through other methods

1 Like

Well, its a bad and good news… if it’s a bug it might be fixable ?

Hoping they’ll find a solution :/

I hope it’s fixable because the game looks awful with it happening. But I bet we won’t see it fixed for a while

Has this issue already occurred in the past ? It’s kind of boring to not have access to every setting in game because of an annoying bug… Especially when it concerns Nvidia stuff

I’ve had it a few times mostly it was solved by turning NVIDIA Reflex off then restarting and turning it back on.

The other times the game was set to fullscreen instead of fullscreen windowed. My monitor is 3440 x 1440p and before the update I would get this issue if I was in fullscreen view.

There’s a couple bug reports about it on the bug report site but no responses yet.

Yeah I also suffered from fullscreen, with random back to desktop in the middle of a game. Changing to fullscreen windowed (or vice-versa) always resolved the issue, but its still a boring one.

Concerning NVIDIA Reflex, have they already worked on it by the past ? I mean, to resolve bugs or things similar to the present situation ? I dont want to be in incapacity of fully enjoying the game because of a single bug…

To the best of my knowledge I don’t think NVIDIA Reflex has ever been broken as badly as this before.

The worse part is that we are not likely to see this get fixed quickly, no mods/devs have even acknowledged this issue.

How can they still be not aware of this situation ? We aren’t talking about a particularly rare and precise bug, but about NVIDIA itself…

Do you know if a dev or mod replied to a player about it today ?

No I haven’t seen any mod reply about it. I even @ on the latest changelog post but haven’t gotten a response.

There is a comment on Reddit I saw and he seems to have found a way to fix it however I haven’t had a chance to try it myself. If you want to try it yourself here is the link

1 Like

NVIDIA Reflex can now be enabled but it seems like the white borders are still around. I wonder if it is an issue with 1440p monitors. I notice from your screenshot that your monitor is 1440, mine is too but if I set the resolution to anything other than 1440p the borders are gone.

[Edit] This guy found a fix for it. Turn off Image Scaling in NVIDIA Control Panel under 3D Applications and selecting War Thunder

1 Like

Yeah my monitor is a 1440p one, I could change the resolution to 4k, however I would have to play in 60fps, not quite fan of it '^^.

Great help, really ! :)

Thanks a lot for your precious advices and time !

1 Like