If the 2S38 hit's 50% off should I get it?

So I usually buy the premiums when their 50% off or more, so I don’t regret buying them as a retail price if it’s a bad vehicle. I was just curious if I should go for it if the 50% off ever comes that’s all.

More No than Yes. Despite being ‘good’ on paper - this is the most RNG dependent vehicle: spall like 30 mm Bushmaster on 3UBM22, 3UO8 often shows ‘HIT’, when shot from Begleipanzer shows ‘critical hit’, and no survivability at all.

2 Likes

I’d say so. Its pretty good in the lineup. (granted I only have rus squadron/prem vehicles lol)

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

1 Like

Prolly one of the most menacing vehicles in a downtier in Warthunder.

highly situational and map-knowledge dependent vehicle. Its a good pickup at 50% for sure

2 Likes

no, you shouldn’t.

Maybe, do you feel the need to get it? I mean, have you already leveled up the entire Russian line with another premium vehicle? It’s not necessarily bad; now with the addition of modules within the vehicles, it’s a bit worse, but at the same time, it received a buff where you don’t have to wait for the autoloader to be full again after 28 shots.

So, it depends on your need and choice! I have it and use it against helicopters and some light enemy vehicles; I rarely use it against armored vehicles frontally because I know that’s not what it’s made for!

If it’s just to hold the ‘W’ key, then the best option is to see if the 10.0 T80 premium will also be on sale, and that way you can rush head-on into your enemies without fear since it can take the first two rounds against your vehicle.