I'd like to hear from you about the engine of the F-15E

The F-15E in the U.S. is currently equipped with F100-220. But the F-15I in Israel is equipped with F100-229. They are essentially the same aircraft and the F-15E in the U.S. is the original version of the F-15I and an important aircraft for developing countries to receive. But the F-15E is equipped with 220, and the F-15I is equipped with 229. The thrust difference between the two engines is huge. In terms of the engine alone, it would be like a different aircraft. The F-15I didn’t get paid AGM-65. However, the countermeasures have an F-15I of 360 rounds, which is 120 rounds more than the F-15E of 240 rounds. I want to close that gap. The F-15E takes a F100-229, and the F-15I takes an original air-to-surface armament to add, if not AGM-65. You can add that. There’s no reason why the F-15E won’t get 229, and there’s no reason why the F-15I won’t get air-to-surface arm. We just need to get each other and be happy. We don’t want to give the F-15E of the U.S. an additional 120 rounds of countermeasures. Just taking 229 is enough.

I support paying 229 for F-15E. If you feel the same way as me, please express your opinion. It’s okay to express your other opinion. Just give me a lot of opinions. If you want to change the engine of F-15E, the opportunity is only now. After this opportunity, there will be no more opportunities. It’s time to let Gaijin have our opinion.

5 Likes

I do not agree with Gaijin’s implementation of the F-15E/I. They claim the F-15 would be too strong in both ARB and GRB with the 229 engines and AGM-65Ds, but instead of adjusting the FMs or whatever they decide to give the best ARB performing F-15 to Israel alone and then give the best GRB F-15 to the USA alone.

This does not fix the balancing issue. This creates two outliers in their respective gamemodes. True balance would be making the two vehicles identical - that is giving the F-15I the AGM-65D and giving the F-15E its F100-PW-229 engines.

I am all for the Israeli F-15I getting Mavericks if it means the F-15E can get its proper PW-229 engines. I would much rather BOTH nations have fun with their F-15s than one having their fun in ARB only and the other in GRB only.

Before anyone mentions the specific squadron we have not getting the PW-229 engines in their F-15Es until the 2020s, reminder that they eventually got their PW-220s replaced by PW-229s anyways. I do not care that X squadron’s F-15E that we have in game did not have said engines when the vast majority of F-15Es at the time (~2010 due to JHMCS and GBU-39s) had PW-229s. In my opinion the only vehicles that should be 100% historically accurate should be premiums or event vehicles with specific identifications.

4 Likes

I feel the same way. If we give each other what we need and we’re happy with each other, it’s over.

1 Like

Murica suffers once again

We can get a later production F-15E later.
F-15E with the 220s is good enough.

It’d have to suffer once for it to be again, and it’s never suffered. :)

1 Like

it’s already a later production F-15E with GBU-39 and JHMCS, the engine nerf is arbitrary

1 Like

Hi, There’s already a topic covering the engine. Please use that instead to voice your opinions :)