The “F-16 ACE (Avionics Capabilities Enhancement)” was a program to upgrade the older F-16A/B aircraft with advanced avionics and weapons. In 2001, IAI and Elbit showcased a modified F-16B Block 5, which they had acquired in 1994, at the Paris Air Show under the codename “4X-ACE.” However, there were no customers who purchased this upgrade program. The modified F-16B “4X-ACE” is currently parked at Ben Gurion Airport.
The aircraft’s radar was upgraded from the old AN/APG-66 to the EL/M-2032, and the previous cumbersome instrument panel was replaced with three large 5"x7" Multi-Function Displays (MFDs). The Head-Up Display (HUD) was also replaced with a wide-angle HUD developed by El-Op. In addition, an Elbit-developed Helmet-Mounted Display (HMD) was installed, allowing the pilot to instantly assess the aircraft’s status in any situation.
Furthermore, enhanced armament was added to the “4X-ACE”. The integration of Rafael’s Python 4 and Derby missiles enabled improved close-range and Beyond Visual Range (BVR) combat capabilities. For ground attacks, the IAI-developed GRIFFIN III LGB (Laser Guided Bomb) was integrated, which is guided by Rafael’s Litening Targeting Pod. The AGM-142 “Popeye” missile from Rafael can also be equipped.
The countermeasures dispenser remains the same as the original F-16A/B, with two AN/ALE-40 dispensers being the only equipment. However, the aircraft can also be equipped with the ELTA-developed ELL-8212 ECM Pod, enabling effective electronic warfare capabilities.
- Length: 14.8m
- Height: 5.01m
- Wingspan: 9.8m
- Powerplant: Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-200
- Max Speed: Mach 2.05
- Service Ceiling: 15,240m (50,000ft)
- Empty Weights: 7386kg (16,285lb)
- Maximum takeoff Weights: 17010kg (37,500lb)
- Radar: ELTA EL/M-2032
- Countermeasures: 2x AN/ALE-40
- Jammer: ELL-8212 ECM Pod
- Targeting Pod: Litening TGP
- Python 3/4
- Mark 82
- Mark 83
- Mark 84
- AGM-65A/B/D Maverick
- GRIFFIN III LGB
- AGM-142 “Popeye”
- 986 • f-16 photography
- Los F-16 Israelíes| Página 8 | Zona Militar
- 4X-ACE | General Dynamics F-16B Fighting Falcon | Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) | Ido Wachtel | JetPhotos
- 4X-ACE | 4X-ACE/313 General Dynamics F-16B Falcon (62-37) at… | Flickr
- Israeli F-16s are targeted for upgrades | News | Flight Global
- F-16 news [Форумы Balancer.Ru]