I think F-14 are became way much overpowered on current meta after multipathing

How on Earth would an F-14B at 12.3 with Aim9Ms and 54Cs be more powerful than an F-4 or Tornado with ARH missiles that completely outperform the Pheonix in everything but range and possibly max speed? This is beside the fact that the Phantom ICE gets the IRCCM 9Ls, and the Tornado gets 9Ms already. If the F-14B got 9ms and 130s then make it 12.7 like the Tornado F3, but if it doesn’t carry 120s then it needs to stay lower because it can’t compete.

Stop trying to make it seem like Pheonixes are comparable to Aim-120s and such. They are terrible missiles in comparison.

1 Like

54s could pull 24 to 25G irl so, they can move to 12.0/12.3BR easily if they gets reworking.

2 Likes

They don’t in game, so it doesn’t really matter. Also the 14A would need 9Ls and the 14B would need 9Ms if they went up too. Until they do rework it they shouldn’t move.

2 Likes

Since the F-14A we have now is modeled after the 1977 SAC one so, the highest AAM it can carry is the AIM-9Ls that is tested at China Lake that same year.

If you want the F-14A to receive the AIM-9M, you need a late model F-14A that has TCS/Bombcat mod and ALR-67 in the game.

My bad, I misspoke. Meant 9Ls. I’ll go make that correction. Thank you.

Correction made.

F-14D would be 12.7 BR. IR AAM stock maybe 2x AIM-9M

This

F-14A late model in folder with F-14A Early or F-14B and would be 12.3

You can’t learn anything about Radar or missiles by playing props.

I mostly blame Gaijin for players knowing nothing about the game. There is nothing in WT that accurately explains what things do, and how to use it.

2 Likes

Why would it be 12.3? 12.0 would make more sense, it’d be like the bombcat with worse engines and less a2g.

Let’s not keep putting 9Ms at 12.3 where they don’t belong, yeah?

Honestly 9M bombcat would be worse f15 so just keep 12.0, no 9m untild f14d

Well, I am glad that players from both sides came here and shared discussions about F-14.
[nerfing BR with a better missile will be fine] or [it is just a noob’s laziness about not learning and stupidity problem]

Discussions about F-14 were interesting and changed my point of view a little bit. not much.

Maybe I overrated the threat of AIM-54 bit because, at the moment when I created this topic, I was dead tired of ‘losing half of the team and becoming one of the heavily outgunned sides’. I apologize for comparing it with AIM-120. I might’ve gone haywire at that moment :/

Still, F-14 with AIM-54 feels too powerful when ‘only one side of the team has Tomcat’.
when both teams have American players with F-14(just like when we had matches on “Danger Zone”). still, They rule the match and have better effectiveness than the rest of the planes, but feel balanced more than a single-sided slaughter show.
Maybe~ we can watch a few more weeks to prove [Is Tomcats OP or not on current meta] till some of the newcomers adapt to lower multipath.

Personally, I still feel Tomcats are annoying now but with a much-chilled brain, I think I can wait till ‘Tiny’ BR decompression which usually comes on a ‘large’ major update that impacts the game experience. (like Apex Predator or Air Superiority.)

Anyway,

I feel slight sadness that you guys missed the first opinion I proposed. but everyone is concerned about the [Send F-14 to higher BR with better missiles] part…
I thought sending F-14 to a higher BR was a ‘Plan B’ type of opinion when I wrote this topic. :'|

So… How about you guys thinking about the ‘improving stock modification’ and ‘proper guide provided by gaijin’ ideas?
I think it also can’t be a proper problem solver but let those ‘non-premium stock grinders’ who are having pain in the asses have a better experience than giving none.

With free chaff, it will be lot much easier to defeat AIM-54 when notching. than without chaffs. right?

2 Likes

I like both of those. WT desperately needs well-made tutorials. Nothing is explained at all, and it really harms the quality of players.

1 Like

late A model has same A2G loadouts with B model as far as I know.

Ok

It’s so funny when people are focusing on AIM54 alone and forgetting tomcat is a very maneuverable and agile giant to begin with. It reliably beats everyone in this BR bracket that is not a Mirage.
*Edit: and that is in my opinion, they should both go up in BR. Maybe have some new Aim9 variant as compensation.

4 Likes

TBH, if they are going to do it, I would like to see Gaijin change it from the 1977 F-14A they are modeling to something from 1986 which has TCS on nose.

And yes… 1980s F-14A is the actual Tomcat from the Top Gun movie.

Yap. The single most annoying factor of F14A is the RWR. I suppose by changing it to a later version it could be miles better.

no

As far as I know, most F-14As until late 1990s didn’t gets RWR upgrades because A model was already too old at that time and they could use B/B(U) or D model which is ways better than A model.

A model in 1986 would be fine because it doesn’t have huge difference with 1977 one we currently have except TCS.

Some A models have been upgraded in various ways and could be called Frankenstein models of the F-14A and F-14B, but if it comes in the game, they should have AIM-9M+AIM-54C instead of stucking with AIM-9L+AIM-54A.

1 Like

First, a bit about me, Im a lvl 100 player, but mostly from ground RB experience (weeb nation), but I have some, but not much, exp in air RB. I have some knowledge of radar and missiles.

During this summer sales I bougth the italian F-104 TAF and the only 2 problems I see with it are, Matra Magic 2 slingers, wich I can manage by not allowing them getting close to me. And then Phoenix slingers, wich I encounter in 8 of each 10 battles. My gameplay then reduces to me panicking if my trash RWR is warning me of some phoenix I wont be able to dodge due to my F-104 “go straigh go fast” nature since I cant go faster than a phoenix, or to trying to dodge it and 90% chance of failing to do so, and a 10% chance of the phoenix miracle fails to hit me, only to some nasty Matra MAgic 2 flying thru all my chaff n flares to erase my sitting duck ass after spending all my speed trying to dodge the phoenix.
Sorry for my bad english.
Im starting to really hate Tomcat players.

1 Like