I think F-14 are became way much overpowered on current meta after multipathing

If the F-4 Phantom II program can be 12.0+, so can the F-14, by a long-shot.

1 Like

F-4E (1984) of Air National Guard, and USNavy F-4N & F-4S would be 12.0

2 F-4 Phantom II from USN before F-14 Tomcat

Idk, what about F-4S Phantom II? Thought it was 12.0

While your correct, do not forget that most aircraft in this br range have an rwr that does not detect the fox-3 of the f14. it is not always a skill issue, sometimes u simply don’t know it was fired at you.

so a br increase of the f14 is needed asap.

4 Likes

Their fault for not learning the game.

3 Likes

F-14B up to 12.3 BR and change Air-to-Air Missile stock 2 AIM-9M instead AIM-9L

The best naval F-4 for USA tech tree

Well there are lots of guys who talks it is skill issue though.

‘Double check the your PD radar spikes’
‘watch your skies and sees trail’ kind of things

Gaijin doesn’t give any tutorial or information about that. maybe 50% of players at this BR even don’t know how RWR works or what notching is.

And why do I need to suffer cause of their fault?
Because I didn’t play USA as the main nation? Sounds like communism to me. really.

Tbh they changed it back to how it was before the multi pathing addition.

This has buffed all SARHs as well, so it honestly just feels a lot like how it used to be back before the F16s and Mig29 came out.

It really shouldn’t be at the same BR as the gripens, 12.3 max for bombcat with 9m

but we also have phantom and tornado with same br as the gripens at same time.

Sadly bombcat needs to think about 12.7 with AIM-9M Unless ‘Magical BR Decompression’ comes up.

1 Like

That’s the real problem. New players with premium 10.3 tanks don’t have spaa then raise all air vehicles, is that your solution ?

If new player don’t give a f… about how the game works raising or lowering brs wont change anything. Players flight straight to a10 and su25 being the lower all aspect missile, increase br then ?

Things are slightly more complicated than just ‘selling premium is all of the problem.’

F-14’s AIM-54 isn’t an unavoidable death beam kind of thing, but there is not much of a counterpart against them because there are no other ARH missiles on that BR bracket.

and mixed it with ‘no information for newbies’…
then things are gone all furbar now.

Gaijin needs to make some more proper tutorial things about radar-guided missiles and BVR or notching… all things that need to be known for surviving against top-rank threats.

These newbies with high-rank jets, also known as ‘flying pinata’ can’t flare the AIM-9M, shoot the AIM-7F with radar lock, or notch the AIM-54.

I think Gaijin made this furball and F-14 enjoyers are cherry-picking the situation now.

If Gaijin marks equipment BR with their ‘Efficiency’ theory, for now… Tomcats are scoring way more effectively than the rest of the 11.7BR jets now thanks to only ARH on the 11BR they have.

We need to deal with both problems at once.
Also, if F-14 became way much underperforming after nerfing the BR. Then we can buff them back.

3 Likes

AMRAAM is still better than aim54

9 Likes

No. F-14A’s airframe is eh enough at 11.7, it should keep 9Hs max and stay 11.7.
F-14B is fine at 12.0.
F-14D can get AIM-9Ms.

8 Likes

Every one of you advocating to put the F-14A at 12.0 with only an aim-9L upgrade conveniently forget that is has no All-aspect PD, no HMD and no modern rwr (actually a very terrible one, I’d pick the SPO-15 over this any day). All of those can be found on virtually all 12.0 jets.

If those premium players still haven’t learned how to face what is by far the worst fox-3 in the game 2 years later, how do you expect them to do any better against better fox-3 down the line? I can clap them with sarh just as easily.

6 Likes

Alvis speaking fax🤌🤌

1 Like

People will stop complaining as time goes on and players in the game learn to fly below 60m instead of 100m. Now is too early to complain about anything. Get adjusted to it.

1 Like

This is why I AIM-54s call it “bozo wiper”

4 Likes

The issue with that is, is that many trees in WT are 60m or taller, while also having wonky hitboxes. It is very hard to fly below 60m when you have to fly between trees.

Players will eventually adapt, but the F-14A should be higher than 11.7 regardless.

1 Like