I know attackers aren't as nimble as fighters, but the su-7 is just straight up unflyable... and it costs 12k to repair

Again, I suggest having a 1v1 with anybody here who has an Ariete and see how well Alpha Jet can do against it.
This won’t be much about skill issues (as I assume everybody here are pretty good), so it will just be about the raw performance of the aircrafts in question.
Maybe do 1v1s in whatever scenario you believe can occur too.

I haven’t (yet) lost a dogfight whilst using F-20A (besides from IRCCM missiles or just missiles I wasn’t aware of or SARH above multipathing altitude) but that doesn’t make it a good plane. You’ve got to be in both cockpits for some time before deciding.

Mantis’ point is that the Ariete compresses to offset its good maneuverability. Alpha jet has retention and angle of attack with little compression.

It’s strong because it has this somewhat unique position where it can almost always pull huge AOA without losing much speed and suffering almost no real consequences.

Alpha Jet’s main issue would be ammunition count and maybe weak engines, but that’s about it.

To be clear, I have flown neither, but the paper advantages seem that Alpha Jet can perform really well even at its highest energy state with basically no drawbacks, your argument is the Ariete can reach a higher energy state or work from enginepower in a stallfight or somesuch.

800(+)kph and your wing is gone, it pulls too hard - AJ at its highest energy state is very very prone to wing snapping itself, even just barrel rolling with some slight direction changes can cut the wing clean off.

This post is insane, the Su-7, like the A-5C, is a tremendous rate fighter. Learn to rate fight and it will treat you much better.