I don't know what nation to start grinding ground

I am extremely new to the game. Like my best tank is 3.3 br. I really want to know what ground nation i should play. here’s some progress i have:
ussr: 2 premium tanks, best tank br 3.3
germany: best tank br 2.3
sweden: best tank br 2.3

1 Like

I would recommend China. China gives you a very good mix of American and Soviet vehicles, with a few unique ones mixed in there, so you can get an idea of what you like from American and Soviet vehicles. It also has some super strong lineups.

The USSR is also beginner-friendly, as is Germany (Germany is a little less beginner-friendly though), and Sweden is very not friendly to beginners. China is the best tree for beginners because you get the experience of American and Soviet vehicles and can thus find out what you like.

2 Likes

As said by @war_Tinder, China is good for beginners,

Also, it’s very rewarding at top BRs by 8.0 which really cool and good vehicles like WZ 305 which variable time fuse shell on a 57mm auto cannon,

Or in top tier like ZTZ 99A with powerful armor and good mobility for the design.

Both German and Soviet are very good, but, for me it’s very repeating.

1 Like

@Barselona_kamp USA, USSR, Germany, China or Sweden are all pretty good. I wouldn’t recommend starting out with Italy or France though. Sweden is unusual to me, they have some very good sniper tanks at Battle Rating 5.0 and above and these tanks have good gun depression (they can aim down quite low, useful when you’re on top of a hill)

USSR has some really fast tanks but their SPG vehicles are slow and clunky and have long reload times. I personally don’t enjoy USSR or Germany very much, I prefer the nations with good scout vehicles. In rank IV and rank V I also enjoy the vehicles that can reverse very quickly - Russia and Germany usually lack this feature. Extra mention for Great Britain, some of their vehicles are pretty good too.

If you play more nations, you can understand strengths/weaknesses much better, and it can make the game more interesting. I’m also an enthusiast when it comes to the paid camouflages. I have unique camos for many tanks, some that I paid for, and some which I unlocked for free (typically desert or winter camo can be unlocked for free if you play many games). Italy, France and Japan have some of the coolest camouflages in the game in my opinion.

1 Like

I do agree with you, with the exception of Sweden. I don’t find Sweden to be beginner-friendly at all. My number 1 for beginners is still China.

I agree, the swedish SPGs are rather odd, their tanks never ricochet shells, they just die. Even their early SPAA vehicles are bad. Sweden is like Japan, France or Italy in the beginning - not good for new players. There is no harm in trying them after a while though. I got into Italy when I was quite new to the game, back when I was scared of playing at BR 4.0 and I had some experience with Germany and USSR.