Hunter AFV (2023) - Singapore's Armoured Hunter

Would you like to see this in-game?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Hunter AFV (2023) - Singapore’s Armoured Hunter

Hi and welcome to my 61st suggestion, which is about Singapores Hunter AFV with revised turret (batch 2023), hope you like it. :popcorn:

First of all:

• Feel free to share more Information and / or correct me if something is wrong
  • Discuss respectfully, any aggressive kind or verbal abuse will be reported, the Forum rules also apply here

Basic Background

Development of the Hunter AFV began in 2006 as a project of the Defence Science and Technology Agency (DSTA) of the Singapore Ministry of Defence (MINDEF). In March 2017, ST Engineering announced that the company’s land vehicle arm, ST Kinetics, had been awarded a contract by MINDEF to produce and supply the Next Generation Armoured Fighting Vehicle (NGAFV), which was also displayed publicly in the same year.
The NGAFV was designed to replace the Ultra M113A1/A2 AFVs, which were in service since the 1970s, as the main component of the Singapore Army’s mechanised forces and no longer up to date.
A prototype of the Hunter AFV was showcased at the Singapore Airshow in 2018. In June 2019, the Hunter officially entered service with the Singapore Army and deliveries began. The 42nd Battalion of the Singapore Armoured Regiment was the first unit to use the new platform and declared operational in March 2022.
In 2023, a new variant of the Hunter AFV stood out of a live fire test and convoy, mainly due to a modified turret and the missing side armour.

The Hunter AFV (2023) Overall

The Hunter AFV is equipped with a tracked chassis and is manned by a commander, driver and gunner. The vehicle is also equipped with a drive-by-wire function that allows the commander to take control of the driving functions from the driver. The vehicle is equipped with the Army Tactical Engagement and Information System (ARTEMIS), a command and control system that enables operation in a fully digitalized environment and ensures wireless information exchange between vehicles and formations. ARTEMIS is also integrated into the remote weapon station to enable the exchange of target information. In addition, the Hunter is equipped with a Health and Utilization Monitoring System (HUMS) that monitors the condition of the vehicle and enables predictive maintenance. The AFV is also equipped with an all-round surveillance system that provides a 360-degree field of view and allows operation with the hatch closed. It is also equipped with a laser warning system which is serially equipped with the 2023’s Batch, compared with the previous turret model.

Visual Differences

Initial Production:

grafik

Batch 2023:

grafik

Powered by a 720 hp MTU 8V-199 TE20 turbodiesel engine and a continuously variable HMX3000 hydromechanical transmission, the Hunter reaches a maximum range of 500 km and a top speed of 70 km/h. The remotely controlled Rafael Samson Mk II turret carries a 30mm Mk.44 Bushmaster II cannon with a magazine for 200 rounds of 30x173mm caliber. In addition, the turret is equipped with two SPIKE ready-to-launch anti-tank guided missiles, a 7.62 mm coaxial machine gun and eight 76 mm smoke grenade launchers, which was also alterned with the new turret design.

Thanks for your time, hope you liked it :salute:
[Will add more if there are some (more) important / declassified things]
[PM or comment if a Link or Picture isn´t working]

Sources:

Links

Senang Diri: Singapore Army Visit 2023 - Interesting Hunter AFV variants on show
Senang Diri: Singapore unveils unmanned Hunter Armoured Fighting Vehicle AFV
https://www.mindef.gov.sg/web/portal/mindef/news-and-events/latest-releases/article-detail/2019/june/11jun19_fs
Bionix to Hunter – the Evolution of a Singapore-Made Armoured Fighting Vehicle | ST Engineering
Redirecting...
https://www.mindef.gov.sg/oms/content/dam/imindef_media_library/graphics/army/army_news/download_our_issues/2017/issue244/armynews_issue244-4.pdf

2 Likes

+1 This is one of my most anticipated IFVs, as an IFV fanboi.
Here’s a better image of the ATGMs.

I also hope we can get Trophy as well…

1 Like

I saw a picture of a mock-up Turret with Trophy APS somewhere, maybe I can find it again later.

Talking about protection, I’ve found some interesting pictures

Spoiler

grafik

grafik

There are also some pictures of the interior, in which potentially Spall Liners can be seen, but its still unclear as there is an limited amount of pictures.

1 Like

It definitely looks like it could be composite sandwiched between the steel plates on that door.

Is this vertical white layer a spall liner?