Hull Armor of the M1 Abrams

The NRC Document you’re citing is heavily outdated and has had several amendments over the years, one of which was the same year it was renewed with an amendment to the hull stating ‘as needed’ instead of limit of 5.

Should we interpret this statement as to mean that you will in fact not be giving the SEPv3 any improved armor as well?

Ok what about M1 Abrams at War by Michael Green and Tanks by Michael Haskew which also state the SEPs have DU in the hull? Are those considered independent secondary sources?

You’ve been provided several estimates here on the forums and you’re telling me you don’t like any of them?

61 Likes

Yes, you commented things like “may” and “could” without any sources supporting your statements. You also brought up the NRC license that was later amended. IF there was only 5 hulls what difference would that make? This is a game after all not real life.There are lots of vehicles in games that are one of kind, whether that’s based off upgrades and armor.

9 Likes

Yeah, you’re gonna have to answer to these as well if you want the community to calm down even a little:

13 Likes

They made it up. Apparently the DoD with a defense budget of over 500 Billion is unable to upgrade the Abrams suspension 😂

20 Likes

Yeah, apparently they’re claiming they have details regarding the Abrams suspension which is one hell of a claim to make, particularly without showing any sort of source.

4 Likes

Man I sure am glad that the Abrams has seen no suspension upgrade whatsoever.
Source: unclassified, distribution A
https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/citations/ADA508723

41 Likes

You don’t need such detailed specifics for other nations but for the Abrams its a different story? I honestly don’t understand the thinking behind this. You guys are ruining your own reputation by doing this, nobody can look at this game at top tier and think you care for balance or historical accuracy in any capacity. This has to be one of the most disappointing and eye-opening issue with this game. Do better, please.

18 Likes

By some you mean a few cherry picked ones while sweeping the rest (including amendments to outdated ones you commented on) under the rug

9 Likes

Rember guys Sepv3 won’t have any armor upgrades Gaijin knows better.

47 Likes

dissapointment

8 Likes

“as well as the large armored fuel tanks either side of the driver”
What a joke, in game they’re 19mm instead of the correct 25,4mm, the damage model is also wrong…
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/xK4GPBS59dUL

16 Likes

This does not hold water. You have repeatedly “estimated” armor values for vehicles in this game for balance sake yet you are now insisting that without information that could only come from classified documents you cannot balance the mainstay MBT of one of the “big three” tech trees? And you are really going to continue to insist that the most overfunded military in the world doesn’t upgrade the armor on its mainstay MBT? And don’t even get me started on the claim yesterday that M829A3, a round designed to defeat ERA wouldn’t make a difference.

Either balance top tier or delete it. Right now any nation besides Russia, Sweden or Germany is pointless to play.

36 Likes

Those two boxes are just SPACER BOXES. This is correct.
Just do a search on TUSK’s ARAT ERA and you will get the answer.

2 Likes

I generally do not get why they keep side-grading the Abrams over just giving the community what they clearly want; every Abrams in the game is essentially already a Frankenstein mess of different variants. I generally don’t see why they didn’t. Give the M1A2SEPV2 one of the DU hulls with the SEPV2 turret; very few top-tier vehicles are accurate to their real-life counterparts. I don’t see the point in not just admitting this and balancing the abrams to perform how it should be over having this back and forward over numbers no one will find without going into classified documents.

13 Likes

no china bro.

1 Like

Cant wait for the M1 DU hull armor premium.

27 Likes

The 80 dollar premium at 11.7 because we are still going to be there next year.

2 Likes

you lie, misinform, and neglect.
shame on you Gaijin.
There’s more than sufficient proof in this thread alone.
your beliefs and presumtions are irrelevant.

15 Likes

Obviously the crews are just getting fatter leading to an increased weight inside the tank.

open source US Environmental Protection Agency says its used.

Open source US office of veterans Affairs says its used too.

4 Likes

So where is your evidence of this claim and also where is your evidence that in 30-40 years DU armour didnt go through weight reductions. your claims are based on nothing and to be frank if this is “main” reason why its denied DU then im done with GRB

35 Likes