Hull Armor of the M1 Abrams

Was about to say, Bro joined 50 mins ago it’s bait

No offcause its not a mono block. My belief is that they buffed the hull from 370 to 380 going from M1 to A1 and probably a little more on SEP. But there are plentry of real iasues with the armor model, like the missing 1,5 plate on top of the fuel tanks that is easy to see in photoa of the driver compartment, or the 50mm protection level on the neck completely forgetting the turret ring sitting behind it. Or the depth of the right turret cheek and the GPS hole etc.

Everyone with iq above room temperature knows that they did this because “balancing reasons”. They just needed an excuse as to why not add that buff so they pulled out and outdated and removed info from their ass. Then said take that -1s reload and shut up. I bet they aint adding that m829a3 and if they will it will be downgraded dart with same pen as dm53

1 Like

Source as he asked ?

I have been playing Warthunder since 2015 or 16 if its says I am that new it must be on this version of the forum.

Sure buddy

2 Likes

Check my stats, go,to WT live I added sights considrably longer than 50min ago.

Cool Still don’t trust someone who just joined, considering you still haven’t supplied a source to your prior points which makes me trust you even less

2 Likes

Okay then I dont care what you think.

Cool, Source for your points you made prior

1 Like

What documents? The only documents I have seen that mention 5 hulls is the one from 2006. And it is referencing DU in the hull. Those 5 tanks were probably used for research into the effects of the radiation the crew would receive from adding DU to the hull. The turrets already had DU in them by this point. I think that’s pretty undisputed. The community provided, in this thread, the amendment to that document which came out a couple of months later to allow the US military to produce hulls with DU as needed. So obviously, this was changed because the extra radiation from DU in the hull must have been acceptable levels for crew safety. Seems like you would not take the time to make an amendment to the document if you were not going to produce more hulls with DU in them. I guess the real question is can we find a document that connects these dots to the M1A2 SEP or the M1A2 SEP v2.

1 Like

notice how quiet forum mods have been since everyone has replied on this article lol

2 Likes

You can see the mention of the SEP program incorporating DU. The budget forms shortly after the license was amended literally show Department of Energy armor used in frontal upgrades. Along with the VA memo stating that A1 and A2 hulls manufactured since 1998 had DU hulls. Other documents point out about improved hull protection as well. Then we have the books that support this.

4 Likes

I would like to ask devs that mentioned DU being present in the turret of war thunder abrams - where is that mentioned “DU” because last time I checked you copied turret off castrated swedish export m1a2 without any DU present? DU is not even said to be in m1a1 hc and beyond turret cheeks and you said some time ago that you wont add DU due to unknown numbers. So what made you say that todays war thunder abrams got that?

9 Likes

Yeah, I agree with all that. But obviously, and sadly I might add, Gaijin isn’t going to draw educated conclusions from all those documents. Seems to me, that frankly, Gaijin wants it written down in black and white and stamped by the U.S. president himself.

@Stona_WT @Smin1080p Are there any updates from the devs regarding these bug reports on the Abrams?
M1,M1A1/HC/SA/AIM, M1A2/SEP/SEPv2 Missing Integrated Spall Liner // Gaijin.net // Issues
M1A2 - M1A2 SEPv2 should have improved turret side armour // Gaijin.net // Issues
Abrams (All) incorrect fuel cell bulkhead thickness and model // Gaijin.net // Issues

10 Likes

You mean the document that literally states Abrams frontal armor upgrade using DOE energy? When that armor has been defined as DU and being in hulls? Cuz that’s the only armor the DOE makes, and that the licenses are required for for hulls and turrets. They’ve always accepted the license as evidence enough. The same license says unlimited hulls. The same licensed DOE armor put in frontal armor upgrades. The license states hulls as well. It’s in hulls, no matter what they try to claim.

No source for torsion bar

Acknowledged.

Closed.

1 Like

I think what the devs mean, is you can see an armor improvement from the base Abrams, to the IPM1 and M1A1. Then you can see an armor improvement again in the M1A1 HC and M1A2 Abrams tanks in game. Even though the model does not change, the coding changes to represent armor improvements of Abrams received over its variants. The armor on the M1A1 HC and M1A2 in game are supposed to represent 2nd gen DU effectiveness in the turret cheeks. Now I’m pretty certain, that the armor on the Abrams tanks across all models in game is vasty underperforming compared to their real life counter parts. But, this is a video game and Gaijin gives these tanks the armor values they want to balance the game how they want the game to be balanced. Its just a shame that Gaijin seems to want to make the Abrams a glass cannon in game, while in real life all evidence we can provide Gaijin would contradict that take.

300px-M1A2_armour_scheme

Picture shows m1a2 abrams (no difference cause you know exact same armor so it doesnt matter what version) its obvious that war thunder abrams doesnt have any DU, since m1a2 sepv2 has got the same protection as swedish trial one, which stated by military, doesnt used any DU. Yet gajin claims DU is implemented in the game.

10 Likes